A book about the LUE treasure

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks PatrickD,
as for state,,seems like it was new mexico, because i think he gave a little of the history of why the jesuits came up to hide it .
but i hate to say it,, my memory is kind of like my attention span , never can tell how long it will last or when it will wander off...lol

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Patrick, you might be interested in a New Mexico Legends article I wrote 3 years ago.
It concerned the "Cursed Penitente Treasure". Closer to you was a hoard of gold coins found
many years ago on the Brazos at Graham. In the '70s I got a legal agreement to search for it.
The site was on 300 acres and I could not cover it all. Another one that is legit was over by
Mountain Creek Lake and was actually created by John Stemmons. (Stemmons Freeway).
This one was not coins but a large volume of silver service items and other antiques. Old John
had all the money in Dallas and buried a whole barn for spite.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mical66,

I have found a couple references to the Penitentes treasure.

You might pick up a copy of United States Treasure Atlas, Volume 7. It has the most 'leads' arranged by country.

Patrick

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lastleg,

That is weird. I was looking something up for Mical66 and found similar references. That would be cool to search for.

I have an old family friend who has told me about the John Stemmons one as well. It would be interesting to compare some notes and do some more research on these potential sites.

Good information. You are ok in my book :)

Patrick

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Its there you only have to use common sense.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to Patrick D s book? Answer should be in there :laughing7:

chub

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and write a book about the great LUE treasure.

I have binders of letters written by Karl Von Mueller (and various other pen names), several books with references to the treasure, and a lot of related research material. The information is already over 150 pages.

It dawned on me that all of this information can fill a book so why not go ahead and put it all together. It will also contain the likeliest spot for the treasure down to a couple of acres. The book will be published electronically (like for Amazon.)

Would anyone be interested in sharing information they have as well? (It might be duplicated already.) Anyone who wants to participate would also get a copy of the finished book at no charge. I am targeting the book to be completed by August.

Here is what information would be useful:

1. Any LUE related research/analysis (letters, magazine articles, etc.)
2. Anything from Karl Von Mueller (Deak Gladson, Dean Miller, etc.) regarding the LUE
3. Alternate LUE theories (I have seen some about the map and originating source)
4. Historical/geographical references.
5. Any other related information that might be useful to the T-hunter community.

I would like to include a tribute to Karl Von Mueller in the book as well. So, any related stories about him, documents, letters, etc (that show him in a positive way) would be useful as well.

Contact me by private message if you are interested in assisting.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Patrick
I have about 4 of VonMuellers books. They are most informative.

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and write a book about the great LUE treasure.

I have binders of letters written by Karl Von Mueller (and various other pen names), several books with references to the treasure, and a lot of related research material. The information is already over 150 pages.

It dawned on me that all of this information can fill a book so why not go ahead and put it all together. It will also contain the likeliest spot for the treasure down to a couple of acres. The book will be published electronically (like for Amazon.)

Would anyone be interested in sharing information they have as well? (It might be duplicated already.) Anyone who wants to participate would also get a copy of the finished book at no charge. I am targeting the book to be completed by August.

2. Anything from Karl Von Mueller (Deak Gladson, Dean Miller, etc.) regarding the LUE
3. Alternate LUE theories (I have seen some about the map and originating source)
5. Any other related information that might be useful to the T-hunter community.

I would like to include a tribute to Karl Von Mueller in the book as well. So, any related stories about him, documents, letters, etc (that show him in a positive way) would be useful as well.

Patrick
I've read his books but I can't place the LUE treasure ?

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

Attachments

• LUE KvM THM7.jpg
    LUE KvM THM7.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23

jhobbs1824

Greenie
Apr 21, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It was a map that appeared in Treasure Hunter's Manual #7:
Most items on the map are Geoglyphs that you have to look for. There's also a shadow marker. Some have dual uses or elude to another Geoglyph. It's really tricky to figure out unless you've been there or figured it out. My question was Did the Spanish know about it? I know Jacob Waltz didn't know about it. Yet his mine is located nearby. Was it there before the Peralta's Stone Maps were made? There is at least 3 other Treasure Troves or mines located in the same area. The Eyeball on the LUE is also found as multiple geoglyphs. Also, a rock in the shape of an eyeball. And a large geoglyph (rock structure) in the shape of an eyeball. I originally thought that the rock structure was an Owl symbol. But with the updated Google Earth imaging it shows now as the Eye Geoglyph. Should just write the book and give the proceeds away. lol

jhobbs1824

Greenie
Apr 21, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Patrick
I know this is an old post but. Save the last chapter for me....IAYAYAM..The Key to it all. The name says it best. Look Under the Eye. lol Tis the truth.

Attachments

• Natural Face of a Man.jpg
    Natural Face of a Man.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 16

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread