DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I broke down and bought the Equinox 800 (I will never refer to it as "The Nox"), which came today. I will mostly use it on Terra Firma and dry sand where a VDI is optimal. However, I'd rather have the waterproof headphones. Which waterproof headphones do you recommend? I see there is one available from Minelab and at least one aftermarket
one selling on-line. Are either one blue-tooth compatible? Thanks for your assistance.

Dave

Upvote 0

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
I generally agree that headphones have advantages over ear buds (even noise cancelling ones); however, in the hot summer and when you're sweating like no tomorrow, my headphones actually fill with sweat and I have to drain periodically, not to mention them getting slippy and moving around w the cord when I'm sweating too much. But on windy days, nothing like a good fitting pair of headphones and in the water I take advantage of the fact that I can go deeper with wired headphones than with Bluetooth, phones or buds.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
I use earbuds to prevent the surf noise. The Minelab wireless ear phones are great but let alot of outside noise in. The earbuds I can cram into my ears and it is less noisy. Maybe I need a different pair like you guys. Thx

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Harold made my CTX head phone's , i didn't know he also made head phones for the Equinox , Harold , or Tony both are quality head phone's , Earl

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harold made my CTX head phone's , i didn't know he also made head phones for the Equinox , Harold , or Tony both are quality head phone's , Earl

I don't think Harold makes them anymore, but, Tony Eisenhower still does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread