🏆 HONORABLE MENTION A Day in an Old Park

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I worked an old park in town. Now this park has been detected since the 1970’s so good finds are not the norm and silver is a rarity. I decided to work an area that had a thin path in the woods that at one time probably was wider. I detected about 10 feet on either side of the path with Minelab Explorer SE Pro using a small Sun Ray X-5 coil do to the overgrown brush. Many holes yielded the usual junk (can pieces, pop tops and foil), but a few nice coins did find my coil during the hunt: Funny, I have found very few silver Washington Quarters in my years of detecting, so that find (1951) was a pleasant surprise.

The best find of the day was brand new Samsung Smartphone; still charged and unlocked in the grass near where my car was parked. So I sent a message to the last person that texted and asked if they could call the owner of the phone and we could meet for a return. Within two minutes a middle aged woman called (to her phone) and was very excited about the phone recovery. I told her we could meet at a local convenient store in town. We met and she was so happy to get her new phone back. She did offer me $ 50 dollars, but I declined the kind offer.

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

View attachment 1651311

Excellent!
Jon

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go Pro.Congrats :icon_thumright:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day detecting Doc and very cool phone return! Should be an honorable mention!

Jamie1993

Feb 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Doc. You definitely made someone's day returning their phone. Well done sir.

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really appreciate all of the kind words about the phone recovery/return. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread