Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story but I plundered the loot long ago . I found the lore and spent it at the store. lol Awesome post Jeff

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if......there was another story going around ?? I have fished and adventured around and on this key for many years. Now days it is managed by university of Miami, and is rented out to many different universities for all sorts of ocean related activities including underwater archeology. But what if another story about gold coins being buried.....thats how the local legends go. The story is that gold coins intended to be used by the New political powers that would assume control of Cuba after the bay of pigs invasion. They would use these coins to bribe powerful political players and help bring down the communist regime. The story continues and obviously the bay of pigs failed, and there was no need for the illicit gold...since there was no record of this gold, being that it was a CIA op it was decide to bury the gold and await new developments in the plan....well the plug was pulled and the gold was never recovered....it is said that one should not focus on Lindemann key but on the some of the other islands used in the training of these freedom fighters !! There are several candidates one in particular is very interesting.....I have a hunch !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread