A few goodies from the last few weeks...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
My buddy Gary called me today to go do some hunting. I haven't been getting out very much lately and he was wondering where I had been. So, he came on over and we headed to one of our local school lots. We hunted for about a half an hour and wasn't really doing all that well with only a few pieces of clad found between us. Just as I was getting my first good signal of the day he was on his way over to see if I wanted to go and try a different site. I said sure, but hold on a second, I got a pretty good sounding signal here at about 6" down. It turned out to be the 1925 Merc shown below. He said. "well, now you got my interest up", so we hunted there for about another half an hour with about the same luck as before. Just a few more pieces of clad. After that we headed to the "cache site" and I had forgotten about all the mosquito's that were there in the evenings and I got totally ate up by them. They didn't seem to bother him, so he had a pretty good laugh about that and told me I was luck they weren't "$%#*" eating flies or they would have probably finished me off... Ha,, ha... Gary is a riot, so weather we find anything or not, it's usually a good time none the less...
1925_Merc.jpg

I also found my first St. Christopher pendant earlier in the week at a different school lot which was pretty cool. It's marked "STERLING R". Anyone know what the "R" represents?
St_Christopher.jpg

One more goodie I ran across was my first ever non-dug Indian head cent. (1902 ) I picked it up at a family fun center we went to on my nephews birthday. It cost me (200) tickets that I had won playing some of there games. They had quite a nice selection of coins to choose from so I'll probably have to hit that place again to see what else I can come up with...
1902_Indian.jpg

Hope you all are doing ok, and have had some luck...
Have a great day, Leon...

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Leon,
Good to see you are still hunting and finding stuff. :) I remember the "cache" site. You have found some good stuff there.

Bob

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks Guys,,,
It's always a treat sharing my finds with ya's. It's getting to be a real treat just having the time to stop by here for a few minutes a day. Ya, Marage, the cache site has been good to me over the last few years, but the finds are getting much harder to come by these days. Every now & then we still find some nice old stuff though..

Hope to see ya again soon...
Have a great day, Leon...

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Leon :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That Merc is sweet.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always love that silver, Leon! :thumbsup: Great that you two are getting out and hunting...just don't forget that bug spray next time! :P :D

Nana :wink:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice Leon.....Beautiful Clean up and Congrat's on the first "medal",don't come around everyday.Very Nice!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks again all,,,

Nana40 said:
Always love that silver, Leon! :thumbsup: Great that you two are getting out and hunting...just don't forget that bug spray next time! :P :D

Nana :wink:

Thanks Nana,,, we've always used "Avon's Skin so soft" for our skeeter repellent. Definitely need to pick some up...

civilman1 said:
Very Nice Leon.....Beautiful Clean up and Congrat's on the first "medal",don't come around everyday.Very Nice!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks civilman1, all I ever do to clean any of my silver is simply to rinse the dirt off with water, then put the nicer ones into plastic bags for safe keeping...

Hope you all are doing ok,,,,
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
sweet merc, thats a great idea how you can redeem your tickets for old coins... beats the little Chinese made action figures that break after the kid drops them on the floor the first time. i wish the places round here would do that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread