A few low silver "SPOT" prices.............................

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been kinda bored lately with the winter doldrums, thought I check around and post some pretty good silver spot prices, although I've seen them lower at times. Not recommending these, do your own homework, but here is what I came up with as of 2/25/2016........................

1. Silver.com is selling .49 over spot on their 100 oz ASAHI SILVER BARS Buy 100 oz Asahi Silver Bars (New) - Silver.com

2. GoldDealer.com is selling .55 over spot on Johnson Matthey 100 oz silver bars https://www.golddealer.com/product/jm-100-oz-silver-bar/

3. Provident Metals is selling .54 over spot on 100 oz Elemental silver bars Elemetal 100 oz Silver Bar ? FREE Shipping | Provident Metals

4. Northwest Territorial Mint is selling .50 over spot on their silver bullion. Silver Bullion Bars & Rounds from Northwest Territorial Mint. 1 oz silver rounds and half oz rounds

5. BGASC.com is having a sale, selling some 100 oz silver bars for .54 over spot ON SALE | Buy Gold And Silver Coins | BGASC.com

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Nice research/post. Any good deals out there for the common guy? Like 10 oz bars? I'd expect to see a discount on 100 oz bars, just can't lay that kind of cash out for one.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Nice research/post. Any good deals out there for the common guy? Like 10 oz bars? I'd expect to see a discount on 100 oz bars, just can't lay that kind of cash out for one.

I agree. That's why the 100 oz bars have such low premiums. They are great for someone wanting to purchase a large amount of silver at a time, but are not great for the average buyer because it is too much $$$ tied up into one item. Also 100 oz bars are more difficult to verify as legit for the average silver buyer than would be a 1 oz or even 10 oz silver round/bar.

Just my opinion.

Jim

OP
OP
Rich in Central PA

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure there is. Let me see what I can come up with for 1oz, 5oz, & 10oz silver bars and rounds and I'll post them.................Rich

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Took the bull by the horns....lol. APMEX is having a 4 hour sale today for 10 oz bars, .79 over spot....not bad. Order placed. Thanks for the heads up Rich!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hold off for now folks as I believe silver is heading down some more this coming week and I'm getting ready to jump right in with my roof fiat. Lol Keep Stacking

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I would hold off for now folks as I believe silver is heading down some more this coming week and I'm getting ready to jump right in with my roof fiat. Lol Keep Stacking

I think you are right. Perhaps after one more drop the bull will be back. Lots of uncertainty in the world today that's for sure.

Jim

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I found an ad in a coin paper (Numismatic News - Mar 1st) where a company is paying 6% over melt price for U S 90% silver coins. Got a bunch of 90% to sell?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I found an ad in a coin paper (Numismatic News - Mar 1st) where a company is paying 6% over melt price for U S 90% silver coins. Got a bunch of 90% to sell?

That is not such a great price. One of my local guy pays roughly 10% over melt just for junky dimes and quarters. Halves he pays a bit more. The premiums on junk silver are still ridiculously high. They sell those same junky dimes and quarters for around $4 over melt per ounce of pure silver. I guess the poor fools who think they will be bartering for survival with junk silver coins are the ones shelling out so much for crap dimes and quarters as they would pay for new Maples and maybe even ASE's.

PS I do think BU rolls of junk coins are a good investment if you can get them CHEAP, but the premiums on junky junk silver always drop to the floor when silver rises in price. When the price of silver is low like now premiums go up. An inverse relationship for some reason. I was buying BU Franklin rolls for less than ASEs when silver was in the $25 or so range. Now they wholesale at $9.00 over melt for the common year rolls (per $1 face).

Jim

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread