Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did NOT find this button. I want to make that clear right away. (And let's take the post down if it's against the rules to post for someone else who is not on Treasurenet)

The friend is the same "Tom" I mentioned in this post from a few weeks ago: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...ncluding-2-state-coppers.673527/#post-6969622 He's the buddy that @SlateBeltDigger and I detect with most weekends.

I'm posting this because I feel like all of us deserve to see the button. I know it's a bucket lister for many of us in this hobby, and I think it helps to be reminded that they are still out there - waiting to be found. I'm super happy to know a good person who found one!
(And the shoe buckle and other button aren't bad either!)

Anyway, I don't have a story to go with the button, but I hope you all enjoy seeing it.

I am curious how rare these are, and whether anyone has ever estimated how many were made.
How many of you have found one?

- Brian

IMG_0962.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg

Upvote 16

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your friend. Never found one probably never will. I really Iike that buckle however. Great patina.

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Do you know how deep they were found?
I don’t know specifically how deep these were found at this site.
I haven’t been invited by Tom to this site (but he’s a generous guy with his permissions so I’ll get a chance eventually).
I do know that when Tom and I hunt together we pretty consistently find our targets at medium depth (4-7”). We aren’t deep whisper hunters; we are still discovering virgin sites where the good stuff is at medium depth. (And I suspect that show buckle was a screamer anyway at any depth!)

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never found one, no idea how many there were, but I'd love to see one of those pop out the ground, like your friend did- Congrats to him and thanks for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread