🔎 UNIDENTIFIED A friend of mine that is not internet savvy found this and was wondering what it is

Nov 5, 2021
Looks somewhat metallic to me sorry about the low quality pics I only have what he sent me. I might go over this weekend to look at it up close.

AaXGiyb.png

ZO5jysV.png

vtyqq94.png

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not going to be easy to identify because we have no idea the size. As far a camp fire nugget, that would be a drink can that was tossed into the fire and melted into a glob.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
K
Nov 5, 2021
It's not going to be easy to identify because we have no idea the size. As far a camp fire nugget, that would be a drink can that was tossed into the fire and melted into a glob.
I asked him and he told me that it was about the size of a half dollar coin. Also apparently he found it in the dirt with some arrowheads nearby (might be completely un-related to the rock).

Upvote 2

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say for sure without knowing more of where it came from, knowing that could tell us more about what kinds of minerals/rocks are from that area, also a streak test to help pin down what mineral it could be would help as well.

That being said my first impression is that it could be water worn botryoidal hematite.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread