A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
No one, join date for Corndogs is 2012. Its listed on my account just like yours. "2013"

So looking around for 9 yrs. That's a long time to just read & watch.
You picked a good thread to learn much good workable info from.
In my opinion the best, & I looked & read a lot before & after
first posting, or going through the things naysayers will do.
Glad sandy1 decided to start his threads, share as he has.
Interesting pics you've posted, good luck in your research.

corndogs

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old dog had some good threads, and Rangler had some interesting theories. Both of their threads brought good info to light, and a chance to eyeball some of the art work done by the people who make these markers. There is a lot interesting stuff out there that has been set up by people over the centuries. I have a quite few interesting pics, from places miles apart.

I was turned onto all this by a sight on private land I stumbled onto when calling coyotes. There was a map stone that had been dug up from under a monument. There were lots of carvings and obviously manipulated rocks. About a mile away from there is about 6-7 ft deep hand dug hole. But I don't think it had to do with the map stone, because the map stone had the sign for a blocked entrance on it. There were monuments and stuff leading in directions off the property. Another lead straight up the ridge line to another excavation. While another led right down the cliff side, with carved turkey tracks every so often. Then at the end a big bell shaped rock sitting on some boulders that were possible slid off to cap something.

Some of it even played out pretty much like Rangler said. There was a big bed, with letters on it, that distance and direction from some of his info based on those letters led to the area of a major spring on the next property. I had to look at a satellite map because it went onto the next property.

There is guy who lives a few blocks down from me who is a native. He sets up lots of interesting stuff in his yard. Much of it is set like trail signs you see, and organized purposefully. He had a bunch of stuff out in his yard a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to stop and look, it looked like old maps and documents and stuff that had been framed. As well as some other cool antiques and stuff. Its funny how much stuff I have found over the last 9 years. Some of it real, some of it imaginary, and some of it distraction, and graffiti. I was digging through my computer for some more of my pictures, but I guess they aren't on here.

The last picture I posted was in the Boonies, but not near Boone Rd. Is that by Pew town? LOL {Pueblo} Its Two Buttes. Baca county CO.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Old dog had some good threads, and Rangler had some interesting theories. Both of their threads brought good info to light, and a chance to eyeball some of the art work done by the people who make these markers. There is a lot interesting stuff out there that has been set up by people over the centuries. I have a quite few interesting pics, from places miles apart.

I was turned onto all this by a sight on private land I stumbled onto when calling coyotes. There was a map stone that had been dug up from under a monument. There were lots of carvings and obviously manipulated rocks. About a mile away from there is about 6-7 ft deep hand dug hole. But I don't think it had to do with the map stone, because the map stone had the sign for a blocked entrance on it. There were monuments and stuff leading in directions off the property. Another lead straight up the ridge line to another excavation. While another led right down the cliff side, with carved turkey tracks every so often. Then at the end a big bell shaped rock sitting on some boulders that were possible slid off to cap something.

Some of it even played out pretty much like Rangler said. There was a big bed, with letters on it, that distance and direction from some of his info based on those letters led to the area of a major spring on the next property. I had to look at a satellite map because it went onto the next property.

There is guy who lives a few blocks down from me who is a native. He sets up lots of interesting stuff in his yard. Much of it is set like trail signs you see, and organized purposefully. He had a bunch of stuff out in his yard a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to stop and look, it looked like old maps and documents and stuff that had been framed. As well as some other cool antiques and stuff. Its funny how much stuff I have found over the last 9 years. Some of it real, some of it imaginary, and some of it distraction, and graffiti. I was digging through my computer for some more of my pictures, but I guess they aren't on here.

The last picture I posted was in the Boonies, but not near Boone Rd. Is that by Pew town? LOL {Pueblo} Its Two Buttes. Baca county CO.

Thanks for telling of interesting things you've seen, that sound like they're relevent, & so the observations (which would be cool to see pics of), makes
one wonder who, what all did they really know, & did they actually discover, or just dig some holes. I read Old Dog, Rangler, Gollum & Springfield's,
many other threads too. Though there were some good pics, it seemed they never really knew the answers of the end game, or the particulars of
meanings & relativity to the caches, that sandy1 figured out. Still as you say, it was a beginning of viewing markers, & trying to understand the
supposed meanings & their assumed significance to the overall scope of the big picture & composition. Sounds like a good place to revisit &
take more pics, especially the more you understand & know what to look for & line up. Besides, they may not have ever gotten any or all.
A good source for studying the interesting & masterful art work like you say, at the least. That native guy likely has a few good stories?

corndogs

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no longer have access to the first sight that openned my eyes. I need to see if I can have my dad e-mail me a bunch of the pictures from the spot. I have a very strong feeling it is also an astroarchelogacal sight. It has clearly been marked in many different eras. There is so much stuff, in the area about the size of an average front yard, that it took a year to find some of the most interesting things. There are at least three or four small chambers, where a big bolder has been placed over a crevice, and the inside is completely covered in carvings. There is what I thought was a map carved on the side of one rock, but I think it might have been indicating something to do with the sun or moons path. But it is also a pretty close to fit, if you were to assume it was a map to one of the hand dug hole we found.

I think there might also be a death trap, there is a rectangular bolder about the size of a suburban, it is set up on the point of the square, the one end supported by a couple of large rocks. There is a small crevice that you can crawl into under the rock. Once you are in there, the other point of the rock is supported on small sticking out of the ground, that has a double lined cross on it with a dot in the middle. IT looks to me like if you stared digging on that rock, there is good chance it would flip over on you. This is probably about 20ft from where the stone map was dug up.

The first thing I noticed was was 80 pecked into the cliff up at the top, and tailings coming down the hill with old boards sticking over the side. When I climbed up I found the stone map sitting by the hole. I had no idea what I had found, so I was showing a friend, that is when we started to poke around and find everything else. He also found a purple heart shaped stone in one of the crevaces on our first trip. He was carrying it out to take it home, and I told him he shouldn't be taking or moving anything like that. Its still sitting by some old cow pens, but we were not sure where exactly to put it back. I bet it was under the rock I think might be a death trap. But who knows.

He had no idea what I had found either, so he started telling everyone about it. I don't tell him about things like this anymore. LOL

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a person with a Modern Ground Penetrating Radar (NOT FOR HIRE) who wants to go on a once in a life time adventure to a real Treasure site in the South West. Looking for a buried entrance with in a hundred foot area.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t believe it has to do with anything with it hugging the rock it’s just the way they’re carved. There was a lot of religious signs used and you can find there meaning going back thru this guide. Some were even answered when questioned to Sandy I have gone back many a time and found answers here just by folks asking Sandy questions back in the day. I would say a carving of a figure would mean relative importance to the area but not at a specific spot just that you might be encounter 2020-01-28_125605.jpg something important in the general area. This is were the Pentax comes into play big time.

Last edited:

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Thanks cyzak, I think in my case it would be a resting place due to a cave in the area and other sleeping faces. I posted all of these years ago. Rocky.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

T-is your position

T-is an oh

T-is an Eldorado

I was trying to show that the "tent" shaped rock in the foreground pointed with it's ridgecap, which is common.. So the tight circled area has my "stake" in it , and I pointed out the position on the ground that everything in the area around comes to a conclusive spot due to bearings and distance.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20210317_144009 (1) spot.jpg
    20210317_144009 (1) spot.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 335

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to show that the "tent" shaped rock in the foreground pointed with it's ridgecap, which is common.. So the tight circled area has my "stake" in it , and I pointed out the position on the ground that everything in the area around comes to a conclusive spot due to bearings and distance.

Good to see you post. Having a good summer?
Wondering if your back got rested up...

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you post. Having a good summer?
Wondering if your back got rested up...

Yeah, thankyou for asking, I'm good to go now. Many of my spots have been on fire, including evacs from the private property. So i'm waiting out the heat waves and fires. As well as having fun camping and traveling around a little.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah man that's really tough, all them western wildfires,
jetstream moving the hazy smoke all across the midwest .

Sounds good, just getting out having some fun & camping.
Really nice pics you took 2 summers ago on your float trip.
Those huge old works making unmistakable shadow faces.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Most places I go have interesting stuff nearby.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some new ones, haven't uploaded from phone camera to computer yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread