A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other

amizengo

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we have a Sentinel Planted Saguaro Triangle which is marking the big white boulder below, as well as to the cache, the sentinels always gave themselves a shortcut that you will never figure out in the field (they put it on their map).However you can figure out if it is a real triangle with a compass and a tape measure, because there are certain measurements and degrees that were used all the time. Here are some very common compass degrees that are used, Cardinals N/E/S/W 45 60 75 111 120 distances can be in Varas or English feet 33 English Inches Per Vara. This Triangle is viewed from a major wash and is up on the side of its bank.
View attachment 1374075

Here we have a White Triangle Pointing out another Doorway
This doorway is a (mock-up of the entrance that is nearby), and in front of the doorway is a Sentinel Cactus Triangle, which will lead the Sentinels to the cache spot (via a map), but will only lead us to another marker close by using a compass degree off the Cactus Triangle.
The Original Spanish Intent was to show that there is a entrance close by here and since they could not show the entrance itself they made a mock-up doorway to represent the entrances in some cases. After going back at a different time I was able to capture the Trail going by this doorway. (Notice how the white triangle/pointer is at the beginning of this trail)
View attachment 1382115 View attachment 1382118

Here is a Mexican/Sentinel made Cairn Triangle that goes directly south just off center (like a slingshot) through the widest leg of the triangle, to a major boulder marker which in turn is going to the treasure.This one is viewed while walking straight up one of the vertical lines, like the ones I talked about before.
View attachment 1374077

The reason why the Spanish and Sentinels as well as the old Mexicans put these Triangles up in highly visible places was so they could easily spot the areas again, and then relocate the old markers to the Caches.
The Sentinels always made a shortcut from their triangle with either an alignment, or a compass degree and distance that they had written down on their map which located the dig spot as well as the old marker.

Cairns are Different than a Triangle because they can be seen as a single Marker and are made only by the Mexicans or Sentinels, sometimes they are in pairs of two also for an alignment.

So, here we are moseying along an old trail and we come across a piled up rock marker (a cairn) so what do we think, its probably somebody's mining claim marker, so how do we tell if it is something that the Mexicans or Sentinels put up instead of your average old mining claim monument or some hikers trail marker?
View attachment 1382122

Obviously the first thing to do is examine it for something telling us this is Mexican or Sentinel made, the First thing we notice is it has a white eye catcher top on it, so when we get over this top rock we see that it is actually a pyramid, and down to the right we have a prominent rock (a triangle or pointer) which happens to be pointing the way to go, so we whip out our trusty compass and guess what the pointed triangle rock is pointing very close to 300/120 degrees so its time to walk on this line until we find something else that is worth investigating.(Remember use 15 degree compass Increments on the old markers and you will need to adjust your declination on your compass to compensate for magnetic North Drift over the years since these were made)
View attachment 1382123

Well we have a very short walk as a matter of a fact we only go 41.25 feet or 15 Varas on the 300 degree line and what do we find but a Compass Boulder, which just as the name implies goes to another marker with another compass degree.
View attachment 1382125

Here is the same alignment going from the compass rock back to the cairn (notice how the triangle on the cairn points towards the compass rock/camera)
View attachment 1374081

There are Three things to look for in a cairn, one is a prominent pointer rock, two is a carved marker within the pile, and three is a eye catcher or different color rock in the pile.

Here is a different cairn, and as you will notice there is a turtle head as one of the rocks.
View attachment 1382126

Here is another cairn, and you will notice again it has a prominent pointer rock which tells us to turn right, this one happens to be a turtle with his head pointing the way to go, it is very common to see a Cairn associated with or even as a turtle, due to the fact that turtles are associated with the treasures. I have also seen cairns as birds as well.
View attachment 1382127

Here is a typical Cairn that the Sentinels leave at your entrance point when you have been doing something that upsets them, this is a cairn that is the shell of a turtle with the head separated from the body, I have seen this 4 different times ( In both AZ and NM) One of these turtles was built at my entrance point while I was digging and I saw it on the way out, the other Cairn Turtles were put up while I was gone and they checked where I had dug with a dog, so yeah, I have had some close calls.
View attachment 1380518

(#21)

Here is an example of the size of an Early Spanish Alpha Rock, This is a pretty common size for many of the old alphas around here. 1600's markers, I do Know for sure this is Spanish as I found the corner post claim Marker, and if you look in the left lower part of the picture you will see the kings throne which has a wedge pointer pointing at the alpha rock (you can see the chisel marks on the back of the chair). These Large Markers were not used in later years. This Alpha is larger than an SUV.
View attachment 1374085

(#22)

Here is the Omega about 2 miles up the canyon from the Alpha. The Omega is the right Boulder and at the right time of day/year it casts a shadow that is important on the left boulder. When the shadow is not on the left boulder it is used as an eye catcher for the sun to reflect off of as well, a dual purpose.
View attachment 1374087

(#23)

Here is a Spanish corner post Claim Marker Doorway from the very old days when they were first here.
This is about a hundred yards from the last Omega Boulder I posted.
(This is how you walk up on it)
View attachment 1382128

Here is a close up of this doorway (Notice the Duck I circled, which has feet and all)
(The Duck is the Verification of it being Spanish and he is walking/pointing to the ongoing trail to the right)
View attachment 1382129

The reason this is in the shape of a doorway is because it is a mock-up of an entrance that they would find after leaving here, the Spanish used a doorway as a representation of the real entrance, so they knew this was the trail to the real doorway/vault where the treasure was buried.

Here is the third view of this marker and if you will notice the hole is in the shape of a head (the hole can be any kind of shape, an Owl is a very common shape made out of the outline of a hole as well) If you look through this hole you will see a rock through it. (Some holes are meant to be looked through to view other markers)
View attachment 1382131

After leaving here I followed the trail (the Duck pointed out) with markers all along it on the ridge line, for a little over a mile until coming to a Black Cliff which meant stop. Right below the black cliff I found a Dolmen which is for a Burial, this Dolmen aligned with a Sentinel Planted Saguaro cactus at 123 degrees which went to the spot to dig,, it sounds simple but its not and there were other caches along the trail before the big one as well.

Here is the final treasure spot, you can't see the exact spot because I am standing at it taking the picture at the markers.
The Black Faced Cliff, with the Dolmen and the Saguaro alignment
View attachment 1374134

This was My very First treasure hunting area, going on a story of a guy who found a Door on this mountain (and yes I found that too) with a lightning bolt next to it.

Here is the Doorway (behind the tree circled) with the lightning bolt circled.
View attachment 1374136

This is one of those places that I had Spirits actually interact with me, while I was digging.
Just for the record I am not in anyway whatsoever religious. I am the Last Person to believe in Spirits.

For those of you interested in this type of stuff, this is what happened to me, while I was Digging, the Spirits (sounded like hundreds of voices trying to break through a barrier yelled at me for a few seconds, then after stopping) a huge black Raven came down and almost hit me in the head then landed on a rock 3 feet in front of me, turned around and started cawing at me,then a small bird flew up the canyon and landed under the Ravens open wing and started chirping at me with the raven still cawing at me, (they were so close I could have reached out and touched them) Then they both stopped and the voices yelling at me came back even louder at this point I decided to leave.
This same location had others digging at it back in the 1920's and they dropped all of their tools there when they left, they probably had the same thing happen to them.

This is not the only treasure site I have had something happen to me at but it was always while I was digging.

Here is a another one at a different site. Back in the mid 2000's me and my partner were digging in what turned out to be a deathtrap, anyways as we were in the hole, my partner mentioned a boulder and said it looked like a dog but not quite, and then I realized that it looked like a wolf, so I was in the process of saying, that's a W, and that was all I got out was the W, and the thing actually Howled just like a real wolf, I looked at my partner and asked what was that and he said you know exactly what that was.

This last ghost story almost killed me. The first thing to understand is that it was a beautiful blue sky day out no clouds, the second thing is, I know extremely well what Jets breaking the sound barrier as well as what dynamite/blasting sounds like. This area I was treasure hunting in was all cliffs and I was up on one of these little ledges trying to sweep away a crack that looked like an entrance, while I was sweeping barely keeping my balance on a two foot wide ledge with a fifty foot straight down drop off that I was trying not to fall off of, it happened.
Out of nowhere an extremely loud Thunder cracking sound that lasted for several seconds (much longer than dynamite or a sonic boom) this sound was coming from inside the mountain right under my feet, I started to fall because I jumped up from a crouched position and just managed to grab the cliff face before falling off.

(#24)

Back on topic. Now we have looked at and located many markers that are viewed from long distance (5 miles out) and mid range (1 to 1/2 mile) away from the mountain,so where do we go from here?

Now for the Markers that are within a hundred Yards of the treasure.

Its time to walk the washes, the one sure fire way to find good markers to a treasure storage is to walk up a wash, because that is where the trails either start out of or there will be a marker where the trail crosses the wash.

Many of the Kings Storages are within a couple hundred feet of a wash (on the bank) and will always have a large Boulder that will lead to the storage either right in the wash or on its bank. This Boulder needs to be a certain image to know if it is a treasure storage Marker, and it must be viewed while walking up the wash.

Here is the First image that you need to know when you see it in a wash,The Duck

This Duck was found while walking the wash going towards the Vertical Line Owl/Duck Combination,
(which I showed earlier on #19)
Notice how he is blocking the entire wash, so not only is he an obvious sign for treasure they also made it hard to pass him by, he is stopping you here in the wash, and telling you to look for a more important marker around this area.(Especially any large standalone Boulders)
View attachment 1382132

Think Of the Duck as a confirmation marker for the Kings Vaults. The Duck is always associated with another more Important Marker Nearby (to verify or confirm the marker it is associated with as a kings marker), most of the time the duck will be within feet of the other more important marker or even attached to or carved on the more important marker. So always look for more Important Markers around any Duck you find.

These Ducks are for the Kings Vaults and only the Kings Vaults, If you look at the Owl or Turtle in contrast to the duck they are at most caches, but the Duck is specific to just the Kings Storages. (Ducks do not look directly at the dig spot)

Since we were on Ducks I just couldn't resist this.

Ever see a duck get even?
View attachment 1374138

(#25)

What you should look for in a marker, You need to single out the specific markers that will tell you that your going to a treasure AND give a direction, those are the two absolute mandates in treasure hunting, in order to locate the treasure. (I will be showing them one by one as we go)

It is extremely Important out of all the millions of rocks boulders and carvings out there that we only pick and choose just the ones that are actually giving, both Verification that it goes to treasure and a direction to go, and these are generally standalone markers, or pointed out by an eye catcher.
This is why I ignore most signs (not that I don't see them) but they are nothing more than distractions when all your trying to do is follow a trail to a treasure.

(#26)

While many of the markers have traits that are referred to in the field, most markers are symbolic of some spiritual meaning such as the snake representing Satan etc.

By far and away the most important part of an animal marker is its Head, which is why most of the markers you will find have no body, just a head, the first thing to Always look for is the Eye (which way it is looking) and the second is the Mouth, it could be open with something in it, also a beak or nose pointing a direction to go (but only if it is a specific type of animal that relates to treasure)

(#27)

Here is the meaning of the Diamond Shape. this first picture which I have posted before, is a Jesus Christ Statue that is about a hundred feet tall. If you climb up the back or left side of this statue you come to a cave which was the Shrine for the Priest, this cave/shrine is in the second picture and you will notice it is in the shape of a diamond and this just happens to be right where Jesus's Heart would be at.
Jesus Christ Statue
View attachment 1374139

Shrine Shaped like a Diamond
View attachment 1382133

So why is The Diamond Shape in the heart of Jesus Here is your answer:

Meaning and Symbolism of The diamond Shape Found in the field
Jesus's wounds— particularly the wound in his side— became flattened, and turned into emblems: a one-dimensional lozenge (diamond) shape formed part of the “divine heraldry.” The wounds and instruments were often formed to make up a coat of arms of Jesus.
The wounds were sites of devotion, literal openings for the believer to "enter" Christ.

(#28)

So far we have seen a Duck that Stops us in the wash, telling us to look for another Standout Boulder/Marker that leads us to a treasure.

Now I am going to show another set/cluster of markers that I found while walking up a completely different Wash a hundred miles from the last Duck.

This is a cluster of markers.

Starting with the Black Rectangle we have a Kings Throne.

The Pink Rectangle is the Heart sitting in the throne,

The Green rectangle is the Hummingbird.

The Yellow Square is what I call a Storage Turtle Head (these always relate to a storage)

The Blue Square is a shadow Indian Head.

And last but not least is the Red Rectangle which is a Duck Head, telling us in no uncertain terms this goes to a Kings Storage.

The Hummingbird many times will point in the general direction of the treasure (sometimes he will be looking a completely different direction and not towards the treasure at all)(This one is looking to your right) many times the Hummingbird is put together with the Storage turtle head.
The Shadow Indian heads nose is pointing the way to go.
The long pointed heart Lobe points the way to go,
and The Duck is looking in the direction to go as well, these all go to the right all taking you to a large standing boulder on the opposite side of the wash and that standing Boulder goes to the treasure.
View attachment 1374141

One more very Important piece of information.
Even though I am viewing the cluster of markers from the wash, I am not on the trail, the actual trail comes across the hills and goes through this wash above where I took this picture from, so my point is that the monument builders were required to make the markers viewable while walking UP the wash and not from the trail.(No matter how steep or Rugged the wash was)
The Standing Boulder that everything went to could however be viewed from Both the Trail and the Wash.

On top of all that the Sentinels were kind enough to give me a helping hand by putting up this Cactus Triangle going to the same Standing Boulder as the last photos markers went to, This was put up where the trail crosses the wash, this was done so the sentinels could refind the final marker to the treasure easily, and no doubt they had a personal shortcut from this triangle to the entrance as well.
View attachment 1374142

(#29)

Continuing on with Markers that you see while going up washes.

Here is another Storage Turtle Head that I found while walking/climbing up a very steep vertical line (basically a man made or enhanced wash) This Vertical line I went up is similar to the Vertical Line distance markers (I showed in #15) but much larger, and also the large Boulder that is at the base of the hill (I showed in #17 last picture) goes to this storage as well.
This Storage Turtle head has a sticking out white angry looking duck head just to the left of it, verifying this is a kings storage The treasure is to the right, so as you will notice the Duck is not looking towards the treasure in this case.
Storage Turtle Head with Duck head
View attachment 1374143

When we zoom in on the Mouth area of this Storage Turtle Head, you will see a Hummingbird looking to the right and towards the treasure, and if you look closely you will see that the wing of the Hummingbird is actually a Duck Head looking down left (again not looking at the treasure)
View attachment 1374144

The Small Markers that are Important will be accompanied by a Large Marker that is Easier to Find/Spot from a distance.
The hummingbird does not pinpoint the treasure, there are other markers for that.

The Hummingbird is part of a South American Christian tradition (in the Andes) that celebrates the Resurrection of Christ and Easter, this comes from an observation called torpor which is the Hummingbird coming back to life after a deep hibernation which looks as if it comes back from the dead, which symbolizes the Resurrection of Jesus.

Again, the Sentinels were so nice and understanding that they left a nice Cairn Triangle for me to follow to the major boulder marker that all these markers went to.
Aren't they just the best.
The Storage Turtle Head is just above and out of this Cairn picture on the cliff behind them.
View attachment 1374145

(#30)

I wanted to show a Storage Turtle Head that is different not only in appearance but location,This particular Smiling Full Faced Storage Turtle Head was found on an old wagon trail a couple hundred feet up the side of a Hill and is Flat on the ground, which means unless you were on the wagon trail looking down at it you could not see it (these are rare), there was a large Boulder on the other side of this same wagon trail that stopped you, and this Big Boulder went to the spot to dig as well (I will explain more on that later)

Smiling Face Storage Turtle Head
View attachment 1374146

On this Next Picture we zoom in on his Eye Brow and notice that we have yet another Hummingbird which just so happens to be pointed in the direction of another treasure Vault (not directly at it though) this marker is less than 30 feet from the vault.
View attachment 1374147

So this will hopefully show that not only do the wash banks hold storages, the vaults can be located on a Wagon or Burro trail up high on the hill/mountain

(#31)

It is time for me to explain something very important.
The one thing I have been saying this entire time is how markers need to be Standalone or in some way stand out from everything else around them.

There are different ways to find these singular markers among all the thousands of carvings at a site.

1: Compression, this was accomplished by using a telescope that was looked through in reverse creating a compression image of the mountain and allowed for a large Image that is hidden within the camouflage of all the other markers to become a recognizable smaller image by deleting all the distractions within it.(In some cases you can only see the image in this way)
This is easy to accomplish today by using a thumbnail of your pictures on your computer (I use the Large thumbnail a lot)

2: They used shadows to point the way to go, which you will see at the last shadows of the morning or the first shadows of the late afternoon, many will be images and others are just simple arrows or pointers. (the less shadows the better)

3: They used a Hole to View an Important Marker by looking through it, Another way to use the Hole is to Align with another marker to go to an important spot.

4: An Eye Catcher (a different color rock) was added to an area (Usually Black or white) that would draw your attention to an area, or to a specific marker nearby.

5:They Used an Animal Image or some other type of Image (that they knew was specifically related to finding the treasure) which would turn you out of a wash or next to a wagon/burro trail turning you in the direction of the treasure. (Especially The Smaller Shaft Sign which we will be getting to shortly)

6: The marker is all by itself, if you see a large boulder away from the hill alone, its an Important treasure marker.(Sometimes you will see two Boulders together at the base of a mountain this is a very good treasure marker also)

7: A Singular Lit Up rock that draws you to the mountain it is on, telling You to look for a more Important marker in that area.

I have shown examples of all of these already.

The idea and goal here is to find, Only the markers that relate to treasure, by knowing where you need to be standing (on the trail, at the base of a mountain in a wash etc.) and how to single out (Only) the Important treasure related markers.

Many markers that I have shown that are long distance treasure markers give absolutely no directions whatsoever (other than you are near an important area) some of the directions were Understood or Just on a Map and not in the field at all.
Now that I am getting into the Closer Markers, most of these close markers (I will be showing) will not only relate to treasure, but will give a direction as well.

A final note on the subject (those of you still stuck thinking every carving/marker that you see is an important marker) there is nothing I can do to help you out. It took me years of work to figure out which markers mattered and which ones are pure Graffiti/Distractions/Enticers which 99 percent of the carvings are exactly that.

(#32)

Since I have already talked about the Storage Turtle Head now I am going to talk about the Full Bodied Turtle, the turtles really do lead to the treasure areas, but some are just a trail guide (meaning that not all Turtles are in the immediate vicinity of a treasure), I have a turtle that is the size of a small house in a large wash and it is simply telling you to turn up another wash off the main wash by looking in the direction of the off shoot wash. The Turtles can be huge but this generally means they are quite some distance from the treasure, (or at least not within a mile of the treasure)

Here is a Turtle that is seen from the wash that is simply marking an area with a treasure, this turtle does not look in the direction of the treasure (Some Do) there are other markers for that which you will look for when you get near the turtle. One such Marker is yet another Saguaro Sentinel Triangle (circled in the left of the picture)
View attachment 1382136

This Turtle is looking right at a storage less than 30 feet away.
(Notice how the turtle head looking left is actually a human profile face looking upwards as well, both the turtle and the face are sharing the same eye, this incorporation of multiple markers is a pretty common occurrence)
View attachment 1382137

This Turtle is less than 10 feet from the dig spot, he is looking slightly off from it, but very close, This turtle was designed more as a turning marker it tells you as you walk up to it (viewing it just like in the picture) you turn to the right to go towards the dig spot (the same way he is looking)
View attachment 1382141

Here is a Sentinel turtle that Pinpoints the spot to dig at 24.75 feet or 9 Varas away.
(I will show how it is used very soon)
View attachment 1382142

Other markers pinpoint these caches as well but the turtles can get you very close if not right on the spot.
Congratulation.I have read your document and believed in you that you know a lot about treasure.I posted yesterday boulders and cut stones but a lot of commenters don't believe what they see.Ca you find my post WHO MADE THESE?Please share with me your knowledge together we can make the impossibles!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulation.I have read your document and believed in you that you know a lot about treasure.I posted yesterday boulders and cut stones but a lot of commenters don't believe what they see.Ca you find my post WHO MADE THESE?Please share with me your knowledge together we can make the impossibles!
You need to click on my signature Link in any of my posts about how to capture Auras. If you don't see my signatures go back and read post #5276

Sangre De Cristo

Nov 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3EDCFC8D-0419-483E-9060-3FF4584AF9B0.jpeg

A masterpiece?

sky2023

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2023
Southwest USA
Detector(s) used
Metal/Photo/Markers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought I would chime in on the tailings, for the most part the tailings from the carvings have all been removed (taken away) in order to make the areas look natural, however when you start digging at treasure locations you start digging up buried carved markers such as hearts and diamonds which means they moved a lot of earth around.

The carved Triangles are pretty much the final markers to the caches, as far as distance markers the favorites are long rock pointers that they lay next to larger important boulders so you will look at them from the side to see which way they point.
Thanks for all the info Sandy, good stuff.

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
So I got my Pentax camera's delivered this past weekend and was going to head out with them and set them up according to Sandy1's instructions. However, before I could do this, I promised the wifey I would install an attic ladder in the garage. I had it all installed and climbing back down the ladder when my calf muscle decide to snap like a rubberband. A trip to the ER, x-rays, and an ultrasound later it was determined I only tore the muscle.

So I am sidelined for a couple of weeks while the muscle heals. Looks like I'll just set up the cameras in my backyard lol

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
So I got my Pentax camera's delivered this past weekend and was going to head out with them and set them up according to Sandy1's instructions. However, before I could do this, I promised the wifey I would install an attic ladder in the garage. I had it all installed and climbing back down the ladder when my calf muscle decide to snap like a rubberband. A trip to the ER, x-rays, and an ultrasound later it was determined I only tore the muscle.

So I am sidelined for a couple of weeks while the muscle heals. Looks like I'll just set up the cameras in my backyard lol
The treasures arent going anywhere make sure to heal up before pushing yourself, remember many of these treasure locations are along rivers/washes and usually very easy to get to so don't try looking at hills/mountains you need to hike miles into, they used wagons to pick up many of these storages and used waterways as a kind of guide. Make it easy on yourself.

Last edited:

Dakota Sioux

Nov 11, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I read through a lot of the intro from the beginning of this thread and was very intrigued. Some of the symbols pointed out look so realistic at times. I did not know anything about all these hidden caches a couple of days ago, but remembered I had bought some antique church relics awhile back from Spain. Not saying this is any kind of clue or anything but this copper alloy capstan thurible top has 3 "roses" I would call them around it with the 3s on the sides and if you shine the light through the top there is a Spanish triangle perhaps. The piece dates to the 18th century or earlier. Just thought I would share.

deephunting

Dec 26, 2021
Detector(s) used
Golden mask, spectrum xlt sierra madre 5900 all whites
Something that I think people should investigate further is understanding WHY certain carved animals and signs symbols are used at treasure locations.

For instance an Owl is one of the best markers that a person can find to indicate they are at or near a treasure location.

First off the Owl is a European carving here in the united states and absolutely marks treasure locations, but why would the Catholics choose an Owl, Catholics consider the Owl to be an evil creature as it lives its life in the Dark away from Gods light, so why use something that is evil to mark something that was so precious (the treasure)

Here is the Answer: The Markers such as the Owl have certain traits or habits that were studied by the Catholics and Jesuits and the most obvious trait of an Owl is they can see in the Dark (in other words they can see while we are blind to something hidden/buried)

Many people believe the owl and other creatures have some bible verse tied to them in some way (which I said at the beginning of my guide that I don't use bible verses) the reality is these animals are tied to nature and their known behavior helped the returning groups to understand the way back to their treasures, and of course other things such as a fish for water.

There are specific markers/animals/symbols that go to treasures I will go over them as I go along.

This Owl I am showing is not one of my owls, I found it on the net but it is undeniably an owl. You can see different owls I have in my guide. View attachment 2066484
It really is a subject that needs an owl, I have several and very defined some others only the beaks and another even the feathers are visible only one that is the last one that I have found has a very positive mark on its left side of it not I put the photos I can't upload them from the computer I'll do it later from the cell phone and there is one in particular that in the area feels another type of atmosphere

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
It really is a subject that needs an owl, I have several and very defined some others only the beaks and another even the feathers are visible only one that is the last one that I have found has a very positive mark on its left side of it not I put the photos I can't upload them from the computer I'll do it later from the cell phone and there is one in particular that in the area feels another type of atmosphere
Can't wait to see your photo's.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Something that I think people should investigate further is understanding WHY certain carved animals and signs symbols are used at treasure locations.

For instance an Owl is one of the best markers that a person can find to indicate they are at or near a treasure location.

First off the Owl is a European carving here in the united states and absolutely marks treasure locations, but why would the Catholics choose an Owl, Catholics consider the Owl to be an evil creature as it lives its life in the Dark away from Gods light, so why use something that is evil to mark something that was so precious (the treasure)

Here is the Answer: The Markers such as the Owl have certain traits or habits that were studied by the Catholics and Jesuits and the most obvious trait of an Owl is they can see in the Dark (in other words they can see while we are blind to something hidden/buried or even invisible such as the center of a triangle)

Many people believe the owl and other creatures have some bible verse tied to them in some way (which I said at the beginning of my guide that I don't use bible verses) the reality is these animals are tied to nature and their known behavior helped the returning groups to understand the way back to their treasures, and of course other things such as a fish for water.

There are specific markers/animals/symbols that go to treasures I will go over them as I go along.

This Owl I am showing is not one of my owls, I found it on the net but it is undeniably an owl. You can see different owls I have in my guide.
14a.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you get around the traps? Lots of crushed head/face images on these sites.

Speaking of tunnels. Not straight down digs.

Last edited:

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Here is the Answer: The Markers such as the Owl have certain traits or habits that were studied by the Catholics and Jesuits and the most obvious trait of an Owl is they can see in the Dark (in other words they can see while we are blind to something hidden/buried or even invisible such as the center of a triangle)

This Owl I am showing is not one of my owls, I found it on the net but it is undeniably an owl. You can see different owls I have in my guide.
View attachment 2066620
Sandy this thread is fascinating. Quick question. Let’s take the Owl picture above. I’m assuming they didn’t carve out the eye holes in this example right? So assuming no does that mean they search until they find one they need? Or are the signs they decide to use picked based on
the rocks around them at that time and what they already look like or are shaped like?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy this thread is fascinating. Quick question. Let’s take the Owl picture above. I’m assuming they didn’t carve out the eye holes in this example right? So assuming no does that mean they search until they find one they need? Or are the signs they decide to use picked based on
the rocks around them at that time and what they already look like or are shaped like?
Yes they most definitely did carve out eyes and made holes all the time at different sites, there would be multiple carved markers near an owl that would help in verifying that the owl was Not natural, there are only a handful of markers that are actually specific to marking a treasure and the owl is definitely one of them.

Here is an example of a Triangle that was made out of holes by the Spanish. They placed a very large boulder next to them which I am standing on taking the picture from, you would find the large boulder first then you would look down and find the man made holes since they are flat to the ground they needed the boulder to find them easily.

1 (3).JPG

Last edited:

Crotalus Scutulatus

Mar 14, 2022
Desert
Detector(s) used
Anti Evil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember you making the statement on this thread, that you dig up vaults all the time.
Why wouldn't you just buy one?

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember you making the statement on this thread, that you dig up vaults all the time.
Why wouldn't you just buy one?
Please show me where I made any such claim ever?

I am assuming your talking about me offering to give away a treasure location to someone who has a gpr.

You seem to be under the misconception that I am offering this opportunity for my own selfish motives. I have said since the beginning this is not about me or for me.

I offered this opportunity and my information to everybody to help them find something they otherwise would never be able to find on their own.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread