Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent some time this afternoon hunting around an old mill site. This was a new spot for me so I didn't really know what to expect. After a couple of hours I had two flat buttons for my effort. On the long walk back to the car I came across a dried up vernal pool. Despite some recent rain, the Greater Boston area is still dealing with some pretty significant drought conditions.
I decided to give this area a quick going over and hit upon what I thought was a penny signal. Quite to my surprise out popped an incredibly thin 1786 Carlos III half real. It's in pretty rough shape, but given that its been under water for most of the past 200+ years, not bad!

DSC01632.JPG DSC01634.JPG DSC01620.JPG DSC01624.JPG DSC01636.JPG

Happy Halloween All!

Upvote 24

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent some time this afternoon hunting around an old mill site. This was a new spot for me so I didn't really know what to expect. After a couple of hours I had two flat buttons for my effort. On the long walk back to the car I came across a dried up vernal pool. Despite some recent rain, the Greater Boston area is still dealing with some pretty significant drought conditions.
I decided to give this area a quick going over and hit upon what I thought was a penny signal. Quite to my surprise out popped an incredibly thin 1786 Carlos III half real. It's in pretty rough shape, but given that its been under water for most of the past 200+ years, not bad!

View attachment 2053299 View attachment 2053300 View attachment 2053301 View attachment 2053302 View attachment 2053303

Happy Halloween All!
That would have literally made my year! Congraultions!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What an incredibly historic find! :occasion14:
Just goes to prove, you never know what you'll find if you swing all the way back to your vehicle.
Dave

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2053299 View attachment 2053300 View attachment 2053301 View attachment 2053302 View attachment 2053303

Happy Halloween All!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread