A little silver this weekend!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Gang!

I've been going out every weekend for awhile now, but haven't had alot to tell. I've been averaging about 5.00 in clad per weekend, which is not bad I guess, but nothing else very interesting.

I decided to stay local this weekend (mainly because I wasn't feeling well). I hit a few local schools. I've had this thing going on recently where something tells me to check the back side of these schools I've been going to for a couple of years. They have a playground up front, so I just usually do a quick sweep around the equipment and go onto the next place. These schools are set up where you can't see the back side unless you walk through a gate and go around a corner. Well, much to my surprise, I've hit three of my regular spots in the past two weekends where I walked around to the back of the school only to find out that there was an ever BIGGER playground there that I've never hunted! Made me feel so foolish! But, it was fun discovering them because now they are "new" ground!
Anyway, I excitedly went around back at this one school and got a good silver reading, I figured it for a quarter, but to my pleasant surprise it was this beautiful silver and Peridot ring. Looks brand new. I also found a neat token/coin. I haven't been able to make it out yet because it's pretty corroded. I've got it soaking in olive oil and gave it a hot peroxide bath. I'll update with pics soon.

Thanks for reading and Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 490
Upvote 0

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brother!

Great job on the Silver! I love seeing anything shiny come out of the ground, except for pulltabs! oooo but don't we all! Good job on the consistency of clad! It will add up when needed not to mention your going to start finding some good stuff I think, being as persistant as you've been! Good luck! Cant wait to see what you pull out next!!

Crackbadger

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
good job moonshadow....beautiful jewelry!

have you been keeping track of all that clad? kinda fun to see how it adds up..... i wish i had done that throughout my MD'ing "career"

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice ring Moonshadow! :) Looks like it's in great condition. Congrats on the ring and the new hunting grounds!

HH!
TBGO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonie!! 8) What a very pretty ring! Congrats on that AND the new sites! 8)

Nana :)

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on finding some new ground and some great finds, very nice congrats on the rings WTG.
Glenn

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Nice finds. i pays off to thoroughly check out the site. I use Google earth to help find out of the way sites, hidden tot lots etc,

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Sweet ring Moon! I'm jealous looking at all that clad. We have about a foot of snow in Michigan and it's colder than heck! Glad you can get out, thanks for sharing your finds.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG ! love the silver rings and 5 bucks a week is good also ;)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job Moon! That ring is a great find, haven't seen one like it before. Glad you got out and hope you're feeling better.

Nat

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Persistence Pays off. Great clad count there and the Ring is Beautiful. I bet your heart was raising when you pulled that puppy out of the hole. Congratulations

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks everyone! Yes, it's nice to know that I won't have to travel as far on the weekends to find new ground. I'm starting a notebook of maps of areas I've traveled to over the past month (schools, parks, playgrounds) and will only go to the ones that I did pretty good in. I've done the Google earth thing, but I can't get good enough pictures of "hidden" places.

It was fun finding some silver after a three week dry spell. I'm up to about 50.00 in clad.

I did wind up with the flu or something, so I've been home in bed for the past 4 days. YUK!! I feel a little better today, so it's back to work for me. :'(

Thanks for all your nice replies, hope you all have good luck this coming weekend!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread