A Lot of Holes Leads to A Lot of Silver!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been swinging and digging like a madman for the last week or so, getting out as much as I could. I've dug an enormous amount of trash and had a few days where I didn't even find enough clad to bother picturing.

But I kept at it, like the md'ing junkie that I am.

Thursday:
I hit a very small and old looking park that seemed to be a cemetery for pull tabs and can slaw. I cranked up recovery speed, turned up the volume and slowed way down (unfortunately, I didn't bring my sniper coil). I was rewarded with a handful of clad, including a Kennedy half, a smashed penny souvenir, a game token and a 1941-d Merc.
19Jan2023 #2.jpeg
19Jan2023 #1.jpeg

Saturday:
The wife and I went for a drive along Lake Mead. We stopped at several places where there used to be marinas and swim areas (now a long way from the water) and did a little mudlarking as md'ing is verboden in the Nat. Rec. Area.
It was a fun change of pace from detecting.
I came across 8-10 knives sticking out of the dirt and was puzzled at first, then realized that a knife dropped into the water from a boat is likely to stick into the silt bottom, which dried into dirt when the water receded leaving a peculiar site. I wish I had thought to take pics of them. I kept a couple that weren't too rusty. The Cycloid reel tag appears to be from the '40s.
21Jan2023.jpeg

Sunday:
I went back to a park where I found a gold ring a couple of weeks ago and pulled a pretty good handful of clad, an aluminum kiddie ring, a Chuck E. token, some random hardware and a corroded chain marked 14k :laughing7:
I kind of cleaned up the end with Barkeepers Friend to expose the lovely fake gold color.
22Jan2023 #2.jpeg
22Jan2023 #1.jpeg

Tuesday:
So yesterday was a fine sunny day and the wind finally stopped howling. I told my friend, "when the discomfort and distractions are down, finds go up!"
Hey, that's been my experience anyway. So we headed out to a new park neither of us had been to and got to it. My second target was the stainless 'wave' ring. A little bit later I pulled the scalloped edge titanium ring.
Somebody had already dug all the easy high tones here, so dimes and quarters were deep unless recent drops. I start digging a dime signal and saw a little silvery link down about 4-5 inches in the hole that didn't want to come out, so I carefully loosened the soil all around it and pulled out a Tiffany bracelet!
It was in the ground vertically and the tag portion must have been a foot deep, hence the dime signal I got.
24Jan2023 #3.jpeg

24Jan2023 #2.jpeg

My friend's got bad knees and a troublesome hip, so after hunting for a short while he indicated he was done and heading for the car. Making my way back to the car I pulled another stainless ring and the little sterling cross. The junk earring was an eyeball find in the parking lot.

My friend is still trying to figure out his new Legend and didn't do too well, but I'm sure he will soon enough.

Thanks for lookin'!

Attachments

• 24Jan2023 #4.jpeg
    24Jan2023 #4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • 24Jan2023 #5.jpeg
    24Jan2023 #5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Upvote 28

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been swinging and digging like a madman for the last week or so, getting out as much as I could. I've dug an enormous amount of trash and had a few days where I didn't even find enough clad to bother picturing.

Thursday:
I hit a very small and old looking park that seemed to be a cemetery for pull tabs and can slaw. I cranked up recovery speed, turned up the volume and slowed way down (unfortunately, I didn't bring my sniper coil). I was rewarded with a handful of clad, including a Kennedy half, a smashed penny souvenir, a game token and a 1941-d Merc.
View attachment 2066419 View attachment 2066420

Saturday:
The wife and I went for a drive along Lake Mead. We stopped at several places where there used to be marinas and swim areas (now a long way from the water) and did a little mudlarking as md'ing is verboden in the Nat. Rec. Area.
I came across 8-10 knives sticking out of the dirt and was puzzled at first, then realized that a knife dropped into the water from a boat is likely to stick into the silt bottom, which dried into dirt when the water receded leaving a peculiar site. I wish I had thought to take pics of them. I kept a couple that weren't too rusty. The Cycloid reel tag appears to be from the '40s.
View attachment 2066421

Sunday:
I went back to a park where I found a gold ring a couple of weeks ago and pulled a pretty good handful of clad, an aluminum kiddie ring, a Chuck E. token, some random hardware and a corroded chain marked 14k :laughing7:
I kind of cleaned up the end with Barkeepers Friend to expose the lovely fake gold color.
View attachment 2066422 View attachment 2066423

Tuesday:
So yesterday was a fine sunny day and the wind finally stopped howling. I told my friend, "when the discomfort and distractions are down, finds go up!"
Hey, that's been my experience anyway. So we headed out to a new park neither of us had been to and got to it. My second target was the stainless 'wave' ring. A little bit later I pulled the scalloped edge titanium ring.
Somebody had already dug all the easy high tones here, so dimes and quarters were deep unless recent drops. I start digging a dime signal and saw a little silvery link down about 4-5 inches in the hole that didn't want to come out, so I carefully loosened the soil all around it and pulled out a Tiffany bracelet!
It was in the ground vertically and the tag portion must have been a foot deep, hence the dime signal I got.
View attachment 2066424
View attachment 2066425

My friend's got bad knees and a troublesome hip, so after hunting for a short while he indicated he was done and heading for the car. Making my way back to the car I pulled another stainless ring and the little sterling cross. The junk earring was an eyeball find in the parking lot.

My friend is still trying to figure out his new Legend and didn't do too well, but I'm sure he will soon enough.

Thanks for lookin'!
You did extremely well! Congratulations

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022

Thursday:

Saturday:
View attachment 2066421

Sunday:

Tuesday:
View attachment 2066424
View attachment 2066425

Thanks for lookin'!
That Tiffany & Co bracelet is a keeper!
Lots of great finds and all different age.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thursday:

Saturday:
View attachment 2066421

Sunday:

Tuesday:
View attachment 2066424
View attachment 2066425

Thanks for lookin'!
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work resulted in excellent finds- Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread