A merc., a Standing and a Goodbye place.....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting this spot for the last few hunts, with the caretaker's permission..

Today, I go back and find some more goodies, when the caretaker came out and had to give me bad news..

The plumber, (who use to be the caretaker), had called the owner in NYC and told her that the new caretaker had some guy wondering all over
her property and digging holes all over... The owner called my caretake to see what was going on. Even though she told her I was a
retired guy, looking for coins and you couldn't even tell I dug any holes, she didn't want anyone there because of insurance reason's.....

Oh, well.... I thanked her anyway.. I did manage to get 2 more silver's... for a total of 9 off that property this week..

1918 Mercury Dime

1924 Standing Quarter ( my 12th standing for the year)

A nice marble in the hole with the quarter and an old NYC subway token... (I'm 100 miles from any subway..lol)

10-113.png

10-111.png

10-112.png

Upvote 31

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awsome find! Those 1916-1924 minted quarters are pretty rare.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves, Basss...but sad to see you lose that honey hole, some people just have nothing better to do than stick their nose into somebody else's business. If you drive past this weekend and see a guy with plumber's crack detecting, you'll know why. At least you have a good start on your next 1000 silvers! Ddf.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God man that pisses me off! As stated above by DDF, some people just have to stir the pot and cause problems!!! I think people get jealous too when they see someone scoring "treasure" and they aren't! It's ridiculous! But nonetheless, congrats on a few silvers out there! Hope you find a new honey hole soon! [emoji106]🏻

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch youll see him out there detecting what a kiss ### sorry that happened

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got some silver and relics

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds regardless. Leave it up to some busybody to screw up things. I tried to get a permission yesterday at an old school that I attended in the mid 50's and it is now an old garage that has been closed for some time. The property has the original grass playground area behind the garage and looked like a promising spot but the owner acted like I was someone from the government and wanted to know what I was looking for. I said coins, but he still said no, not until he does some cleaning up there. Maybe he thought I was with the EPA?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old silver coin finds and I like the marble. Congrats

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great job Bass! Shame to hear that some paranoid person ran you off. On to the next spot for you I suppose!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry you lost access to your spot...You've found some Great Stuff!!

Kace

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the awesome success you've had - 12 Standing Liberties is more than a career for most. As a collector, I always look forward to seeing the posted- your '24 is in great shape! Sorry about losing the site, but at least it was excellent while it lasted.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: Nice SLC and Merc! That sucks that someone ruined your fun. Some people just can't help themselves and need to ruin someone's day.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s too bad that you couldn’t speak to the owner in person. With the owner living away from the property and with the world being so law-suit crazy, they are trying to avoid trouble. Good for you saving what you did. Love that standing liberty. Wish we could stand for freedom like that without worry of lawsuits.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad you lost your place, but you picked up a few nice coins. That Standing Liberty is in very nice shape. If I may give a suggestion, I never use the words "looking for old coins" or the word "coins" in general. I just tell people I am looking for "anything old", and that I have an appreciation for history. The word coins can get you shut down very quickly. For whatever reason, everyone then thinks they have a million dollars buried on their property, and all of the sudden they don't want you to find it !

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice silver, sorry you lost your hunt site.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking coins, congrats.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice S,L,Q.and an early one before the mint recessed the date portion, It is nice to see one of the early issues with a readable date.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Bass, I'm always amazed by people that think all we do is dig a hole and leave it open!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread