Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few hours at a park in the area that I've somehow missed. It was pretty nice out and the park was quite busy with kids playing and lots of dog walkers. I started by finding two spills about 10 feet apart for about $1.50 in clad. Interesting, doesn't appear to be looked out. The clad kept coming steadily, as well as an abundance of pull tabs and other various trash items.

As I was working my way back to the Jeep, I got a scratchy but strong signal in the silver range just above a quarter, typical of a flattened bottle cap. I decided to dig a plug rather than use my probe, as bottle caps are tough to remove with the probe. As I laid the plug back I could see a tiny silvery something just poking out. The grass roots were so grown into every little hole that it took me a good 10 minutes to remove them.

Wow, what a pretty crucifix!

I'll be heading back to this park forthwith!

Attachments

• 0316221848_2.jpeg
    0316221848_2.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 81
  • 0317221431.jpeg
    0317221431.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 18

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a sweet looking cross.
The design looks familiar, just can't make the connection at the moment.
Good day at the park, maybe a return trip also.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet looking cross.
The design looks familiar, just can't make the connection at the moment.
Good day at the park, maybe a return trip also.
Thanks Pepper, the odd thing about it is the 925 stamp is on a tiny rectangular plate soldered on the inside of the bail. I've never seen that before.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few hours at a park in the area that I've somehow missed. It was pretty nice out and the park was quite busy with kids playing and lots of dog walkers. I started by finding two spills about 10 feet apart for about $1.50 in clad. Interesting, doesn't appear to be looked out. The clad kept coming steadily, as well as an abundance of pull tabs and other various trash items.

As I was working my way back to the Jeep, I got a scratchy but strong signal in the silver range just above a quarter, typical of a flattened bottle cap. I decided to dig a plug rather than use my probe, as bottle caps are tough to remove with the probe. As I laid the plug back I could see a tiny silvery something just poking out. The grass roots were so grown into every little hole that it took me a good 10 minutes to remove them.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cool finds and love that silver, she cleaned up so nicely

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful cross. I do scrollsaw crosses and I think I have one pattern very similar.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the silver cross, looks to be unique and well-made. :thumbsup:

What type of coin is this, it almost looks Middle Eastern to me? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 0316221848_2-crop.jpeg
    0316221848_2-crop.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 21

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As my avatar will depict, I'm a huge fan of religious finds- your cross is beautiful- Congrats!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver cross, looks to be unique and well-made. :thumbsup:

What type of coin is this, it almost looks Middle Eastern to me? :icon_scratch:
It's a Mexico $10 (worth .49 in conversion). They're kind of cool looking with a very detailed design. This one's a 2008.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a Mexico $10 (worth .49 in conversion). They're kind of cool looking with a very detailed design. This one's a 2008.
Still a unique find, we don't find many Mexican coins here in Southern Ontario. But I do find a lot of early US coins on the 19thc pioneer sites I detect, mainly IH's and Seated Silvers. Last year I found an 1851 Trime and an 1870 Shield Nickel on the same site. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20210531_145648.jpg
    20210531_145648.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 17

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great day... lots of clad... and the silver really reminds us of those surprises that make the hobby so fun... Lots of digging congrats! I have been going out quite a bit this year and used to clear $5 to $10 in clad a day... 10 years ago... I have not topped $4 yet in a day since I got back in the hobby... (I make the clad and any rings pay for the detector)...

Definitely hit that area again but much slower and never think you have cleaned out an area.. return and go slower.

Usually I will return and just go sideways or a different direction then I did before works very well...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread