A NEWBIE SAYS HELLO

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I found this site a few weeks ago. Thought I'd finally register and make some friends.

I've been interested in treasure hunting since my childhood. My parents and I would travel Baja often in my dad's off road jeep. We'd set up tent on the beach and camp for weeks. This was during the late 70s and early 80s. I remember feeling so adventurous as a kid, walking the beach with my stick and collecting stones and shells, finding a few caves and just going crazy with imagination. Then I saw the Goonies! I became such a fan of that movie that I even drove all the way to Astoria, Oregon just to take a few pictures of the house and jail (The Goonies was filmed there). I live near San Diego, Ca.. Anyway, it was an awesome road trip and a great memory that I'll have forever.

My dad had a metal detector that he used sometimes on his property near Julian, Ca. He passed away a few years ago and I got the detector. I want to keep his passion alive. Simple pleasures can mean so much. I can't wait to figure out how to use the dang thing! haha

Happy trails everybody.... Baja181

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcomed to TNET :icon_thumleft:

C

Cappy Z.

I must watched the Goonies a hundred times.... welcome and good luck.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
Welcome aboard baja you have joined a great site. but a word of warning about that detector It's
very habit forming and you will become hooked like the rest of us HH. camperlee

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi baja! Too cute! My daughters love Goonies & of course so do I. Great movie to get ya wanting to treasure hunt. Hope you find lots of goodies. & like the post above says, it is addicting! but soooo much fun!

OP
OP
Baja181

Baja181

Apr 9, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be here. Does anyone have any good starting locations that will help me get acquainted with my detector? I'm not yet familiar with metal detecting laws or no-go zones. I live near San Diego, Ca.

K

Kentucky Kache

Baja181 said:
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be here. Does anyone have any good starting locations that will help me get acquainted with my detector? I'm not yet familiar with metal detecting laws or no-go zones. I live near San Diego, Ca.

If you have a back yard, that's a good place to start.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We rented that Goonies movie and I kind of liked it. I like that part about camping on the beach for weeks, cause after the divorce I camped for weeks, even years. But it's all changed and different now. What kind of detector did you dad leave you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread