Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was Day 7 of our heatwave up in the Boston area. This morning the temperature was hovering around 90 degrees with very high humidity. I couldn't ask for much better detecting weather, so off I went into the woods. I only lasted a couple of hours , but managed a couple of nice finds.

The highlight of the hunt was a National Lancers coat button ( Albert's MS73). The Lancers were organized in Boston in 1836 by Massachusetts Governor, Edward Everett, and served with distinction during the Civil War as part of the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry. They fought in 11 battles and campaigns during the war, including: Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorville, Gettysburg, and Petersburg. This single piece button is in nice shape, and cleaned up pretty well. The back mark reads " Robinson's Xtra Rich"

DSC01460.JPG DSC01463.JPG Button w pic.PNG

The other interesting find was a Jamaica One Penny. The coin dates to the early 1900's, and it looks like someone turned it into a pendant. How it ended up in the woods of Massachusetts is probably an interesting story.

DSC01466.JPG DSC01469.JPG

Happy hunting all!

Upvote 24

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was Day 7 of our heatwave up in the Boston area. This morning the temperature was hovering around 90 degrees with very high humidity. I couldn't ask for much better detecting weather, so off I went into the woods. I only lasted a couple of hours , but managed a couple of nice finds.

The highlight of the hunt was a National Lancers coat button ( Albert's MS73). The Lancers were organized in Boston in 1836 by Massachusetts Governor, Edward Everett, and served with distinction during the Civil War as part of the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry. They fought in 11 battles and campaigns during the war, including: Antietam, Fredericksburg, Chancellorville, Gettysburg, and Petersburg. This single piece button is in nice shape, and cleaned up pretty well. The back mark reads " Robinson's Xtra Rich"

View attachment 2038549 View attachment 2038550 View attachment 2038551

The other interesting find was a Jamaica One Penny. The coin dates to the early 1900's, and it looks like someone turned it into a pendant. How it ended up in the woods of Massachusetts is probably an interesting story.

View attachment 2038556 View attachment 2038557

Happy hunting all!
Like I always say. If some of these finds could talk.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a very nice button, and you did a great job with the cleaning. I really liked the background info too.

I have grown tired of this heat, but will soon be complaining about the snow, I suppose.

Congrats on the finds. Keep cool.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy hunting all!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow I love the lancers button!! Congrats to you!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Happy hunting all!
That Lancets button is one great find. Keep it up and congratulations

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool button! Congrats!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful button fellow Mass hunter- Congrats!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Congratulations

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy hunting all!
sweet button in the heat, wtg

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Happy hunting all!
Interesting button. Nice job. The good thing about the heat is is seems to keep the ticks at bay. The bad thing is now you have to watch the chiggers!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool button! I loved the history lesson as well. Congrats and stay cool:icon_thumleft:

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy hunting all!
What part of Massachusetts were you in? Beautiful finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread