A once nice Silver pocket watch. padlock, interesting eagle buttons and 1826 British penny.

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More recent finds here on the Cape. To bad the pocket watch was smashed. Has lots of fancy writing on the back. Sterling Silver, weight little over a 1 oz though! Hail Columbia medal or button? Still has it's clip that goes on the back vertically. I am guessing this small eagle and shield button could be military or campaign related? Gold leaf under all the dirt. Surprise to me was this nice King George IV undraped penny. Condition and patina is wonderful. Round decorative brass item with a hole must be tack related. Back of a plain tombac button was much more fancy than usual with gold gilding, front is no Gold and boring. Brass Padlock is cool, not sure of it's age. Nothing written anywhere on front or back. Have not found anything like it on line. Somebody might know? I pulled this large copper finial out of the ground and thought thought it was hose spray nozzle. Have no idea what it was for.

Attachments

• 12  16 21.jpg
    12 16 21.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 325
  • watch back.jpg
    watch back.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 269
  • hail columbia pin.jpg
    hail columbia pin.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 267
  • eagle  button 3.jpg
    eagle button 3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 1826 a.JPG
    1826 a.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 1826 b.JPG
    1826 b.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 198
  • tack.JPG
    tack.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 170
  • button back a.jpg
    button back a.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 35
OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main company is listed in the database-though the "Gris" isn't included.

Looks like it pre-dates or is the Swiss made version.
Thanks pepperj. I guess it was expensive. I found it in the same area that I found a 18 kt gold bar pin with blue diamonds that was also smashed? Long ago love spat? Strange.

diggerranger

Mar 4, 2016
VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More recent finds here on the Cape. To bad the pocket watch was smashed. Has lots of fancy writing on the back. Sterling Silver, weight little over a 1 oz though! Hail Columbia medal or button? Still has it's clip that goes on the back vertically. I am guessing this small eagle and shield button could be military or campaign related? Gold leaf under all the dirt. Surprise to me was this nice King George IV undraped penny. Condition and patina is wonderful. Round decorative brass item with a hole must be tack related. Back of a plain tombac button was much more fancy than usual with gold gilding, front is no Gold and boring. Brass Padlock is cool, not sure of it's age. Nothing written anywhere on front or back. Have not found anything like it on line. Somebody might know? I pulled this large copper finial out of the ground and thought thought it was hose spray nozzle. Have no idea what it was for.
👍

Arkansasrelichunter

Mar 5, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Friend of mine found one of the Hail Columbia Disc in Northwest Arkansas this year in a Civil War Camp. We thought it might be a Bridle Rosette

OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Friend of mine found one of the Hail Columbia Disc in Northwest Arkansas this year in a Civil War Camp. We thought it might be a Bridle Rosette
Thanks! That may explain the reason for a vertical location of the back clip. Not horizontal like most badges or metals.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds.

That large 1826 Penny is not only in nice condition, but a hard date to find. Pretty sure I've never found one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions