A Personal Message from Me for WHAT IS IT.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Y'all,
After seeing Pete's message (CannonballGuy) I thought I needed to let everyone know what's been going on with me, and why I haven't been in the WHAT IS IT forum lately.

Last year I had a stroke, and it affected parts of the left side of my body. I've recovered nicely, and only have paralysis on the left side of my mouth, lips, tongue, and the tips of 3 of my fingers.

About 6 months ago (NewYears) I had a massive heart attack and was rushed to Duke Hospital and had a stent placement. I had a 99% blockage in the 'widowmaker.' God evidently wanted me around, and I'm truly blessed after that ordeal.

Two weeks after I got home from the Heart Attack, I was back in the hosptial with the H1N1 Flu . . .that's some nasty mess!

After recovering from the flu, I attended Cardiac Rehab and have continued my exercise at home. Between the Rehab and heart medication, I am improving daily. I was even able to do a little metal detecting on Sunday; it was short, but sweet.

The doctors blamed hereditary (Thank you Daddy!) since I have a good diet, low/normal blood pressure, low/normal cholesterol, and I'm NOT a diabetic.
At any rate, I've missed you and being in WHAT IS IT, but wanted to let you know what's been going on with me.

Southern Smiles :)
Breezie

Last edited:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good to see you back again Breezie. Sounds like you have been through a LOT and I'm glad that you are doing better.

Upvote 0

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I woke up with Bell's Palsy a few yrs ago. One side of the face was paralyzed. Got rid of all the effects except when I squeeze my lips together the affected eye pulls down & if I watch a tear jerkin movie the affected eye waters. I guess that must be my feminine side. Hang in there. It takes work but you'll get better. Good luck.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! Glad to hear you're on the mend. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a challenging time you've had! Back to back to back ordeals. Now that you've got all of that out of the way, I wish you a speedy recovery, and admire your positive attitude. Stay strong!

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back here and on the mend. Been keeping up with you on FB, so wishing you a speedy recovery again.

Upvote 0

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness,, you certainly have been through a lot.
I wish you a speedy recovery and glad to hear that you were able to get in a hunt.

Upvote 0

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Wow you've been through it...
Glad you are on the mend and back on the What's it forum.
Although I did have a chance to get a few right answers while you were gone.
Glad to have you back

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Good to see you posting and glad to hear things are better and that you got to get out and enjoy. Positive thoughts your way!

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are ok now... hope this means you are back. :)

Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering where you went! Thank you for the update and you will be included in my prayers for a speedy recovery

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It is wonderful that you were able to pull through all of those infirmities, Breezie. Glad to see you posting again, and hope your health continues to improve.

Upvote 0

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soooooo that’s where you’ve been Breezie! Really, really sucks getting old !??
You , CBG and countless others here on this forum have contributed so much to us and Tnet ! We are so grateful to have such great people here! We can only pray and hope for the best to all aging experts ! I’m getting up there too but I try my best to stay healthy, eat ok and I exercise regularly!
Good luck [emoji256] praying [emoji120]

Upvote 0

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheerin for ya Breezie! Tough a customer as you are in the health department....That reads like a rough run.

Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear that you are doing much better. :thumbsup: I remember you mentioning this before and have been praying for you. Continue the fight.

Upvote 0

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....you HAVE had a time of it. After all of that, and now your back, perhaps instead of "Breezie", something along the line of "Wonder woman", or perhaps "The Bionic woman" might now be well suited. Regardless, good to see you post again, and as had been said in regards to Cannon Ball Guy, same holds true here, the comments and well wishes to you from members here are truly meant. Nice to have you back Breezie, and the fact that you have now gotten in a short hunt? Icing on the cake.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread