A PLATFORM TO BRIDGE MINERS AND INVESTORS

GoldenBull

Jun 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm a long-time frequenter of this forum, however, this is my first post. I appreciate that this topic may not be what most people are used to reading and following but I wanted to get all your thoughts on a new business idea I've been toying with for a while.

I'm based in the UK and sadly whenever I watch gold mining videos or follow posts of people panning on their claim in the states, Alaska, BC or in the Yukon, I do get very envious, because I wish I could do it! Sadly, mining regulations, rules and just the lack of gold, silver etc in the UK means this dream can never be achieved over here..

Having watched loads of videos, read lots of posts and books on mining, finding claims, what equipment to use etc I had the idea.. maybe I could buy a claim! So, I researched this a little more and again.. frustratingly I found out that it's near impossible as a foreign individual to purchase a claim out in the US or in Canada.

I work in finance and invest in a number of startups etc I became a little disheartened.. Why couldn't I buy a claim with my own hard-earned money? Why couldn't I lease it out to a local miner and collect some type of royalties.. At least that way I could partly have fulfilled a little dream of mine of at least owning a claim and at least having the satisfaction that.. "Hey, that's my claim that just had a good season".. Anyway.. I digress..

Feeling a little sorry for myself a little light bulb moment happened.. A here's the concept and I'm open to all sorts of constructive criticism.

There are thousands of small-time miners out there in the US and Canada who have the know-how, experience, and the equipment to mine on claims. However, claims can be expensive.. especially the good ones..

There are thousands of investors and budding miners there like myself who would love to own a claim and earn a return from one.

So.. I'm thinking of creating a crowdfunding website to match miners/prospectors with investors.

We, the middle man find the claim.
We assess and purchase the claim.
We find a prospector with relevant experience, know-how, etc to prospect the claim.
We then put the claim up on our website with all the relevant information for our investors to then invest in said claim.
Their return is a minimum flat fee return or a % on all royalties.

I wanted to give the basics and I would love to speak to people in private if possible if you're interested in working with me for this type of concept.

What I bring to the table is the access to financing and the experience in creating businesses especially in the FinTech space. I'd love to speak with people who have experience in the nitty-gritty side which I lack.

I look forward to all your comments and happy prospecting!

Regards
B

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, it violates our rules to use TreasureNet to solicit or try to raise funds, even on a different website.

OP
OP
G

GoldenBull

Jun 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there

I apologize if there's been a misunderstanding.. I'm not trying to raise funds :)

I was merely looking for constructive criticism on the concept of the idea.

Would this still violate the rules?

Regards
B

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi there

I apologize if there's been a misunderstanding.. I'm not trying to raise funds :)

Regards
B

Gidday Golden Bull

Trouble is you are not really offering anything any different than anyone can already do themselves. Its called Due Diligence.

Careful what you wish for amigo? Mining gold is only profitable when cost of extraction does not exceed recovery of gold per ton. Why would you want the total liability of owning a gold mine amigo? The best mines are ones with a large margin this will compensate between price variations of gold price.

Better to be a share holder of many large mines than small ones with very low profit margins that are very susceptible to the gold price fluctuations.

Also a savvy investor will diversify their portfolio. There are other minerals that are in big demand.

Mining is booming in fact we have 40000 jobs in Australia in Iron ore, coal, gold silver, rare earth metals, nickel, copper and uranium that we cannot fill at present. Getting trained staff to stay at small mining operation is near impossible as as soon as they are trained they will take off to bigger mines for better money.

So small miners are hampered by many things like gold price fluctuations, staffing, occupation health and safety. complying to mining regulations and addressing environmental issues. Its not like the old days where one can take off leaving an abandoned mine site with some one else to foot the bill of environmental remediation of a site.

However there are opportunities out there for those willing to do the hard yards.

Crow

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
There is what we call in the industry Junior exploration company that raise funds to explore a mining lease. Usually one of partners is a young geologist looking to make their mark. They in turn contract an exploration drilling company that pays per meter per hole. From their the geologists will determine and average of gold per ton. The whole purpose of a junior mining company is discover a workable mining project in which they sell onto a larger mining company to develop.

Shares in these companies are penny dreadful many will not achieve their goal and in essence run out of funds. However some do end discovering exciting and viable ore bodies.

There are 3 exploration companies that sold their leases for billion dollars. One Canada Iron ore, one in Ecuador Copper gold silver and other in New Guinea gold. There are others.

Crow

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there

Regards
B

If you are only talking about how and what to put on the website then that doesn't violate the rules as long as there is no link to the site and you are only looking for criticism or suggestions for a website.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a young fool going to school in Tilton New Hampshire, 1961, I never forgot a teacher telling us students, if you got a problem, go to experts, Crow is a expert on mines and treasure hunting. Listen to him and you will learn the success the loses of both. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread