Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone! I got off work late last night but had it in mind after a long list of Honey Dos this morning to go out for an afternoon dig. My good friends own about ten acres at the center of the fort so I thought I may try there place after a visit with their family. By the way, they are a salt of the earth family and I’m very fortunate to have them as friends. As I was leaving out the back door they said BTW, we just bushogged about a half acre of the thick portion of the property. 😀👍. My first inclination was to head down to the small creek at the bottom of their property. After a few minutes of a lack of signals, I came upon an area that was about 2 feet by 2 feet and pulled out 19 musket balls of varying calibers. They were in straight mud!
After that I decided to hit the cleared area that was high and dry. First I pulled out this 1808 to 1825 Infantry forage cap button. It’s intact with an Armitage Phila back mark. The last two scores was the 1820s Great Coat button and the artillery cuff button.
Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!
8FF2C7FB-4506-45A0-9653-2CFF9CDBAC2A.png
17DB4671-5DD4-4EE7-ACF4-A114B4209A8C.png
B58A0F61-B915-418A-9E91-891A7A253136.png
B941079C-BE96-48E1-84CC-D8BCDF674A73.jpeg

Upvote 40

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V
Hello everyone! I got off work late last night but had it in mind after a long list of Honey Dos this morning to go out for an afternoon dig. My good friends own about ten acres at the center of the fort so I thought I may try there place after a visit with their family. By the way, they are a salt of the earth family and I’m very fortunate to have them as friends. As I was leaving out the back door they said BTW, we just bushogged about a half acre of the thick portion of the property. 😀👍. My first inclination was to head down to the small creek at the bottom of their property. After a few minutes of a lack of signals, I came upon an area that was about 2 feet by 2 feet and pulled out 19 musket balls of varying calibers. They were in straight mud!
After that I decided to hit the cleared area that was high and dry. First I pulled out this 1808 to 1825 Infantry forage cap button. It’s intact with an Armitage Phila back mark. The last two scores was the 1820s Great Coat button and the artillery cuff button.
Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2047536 View attachment 2047537 View attachment 2047538 View attachment 2047539
Cool!!!! Congrats!!!! That early Eagle and shield design is So Cool!!

King Canslaw

Nov 30, 2017
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting to all! View attachment 2047536 View attachment 2047537 View attachment 2047538 View attachment 2047539
win was the fortin opration? i bet you bout craped yer draws win you foun all theze balls!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was some great Historical Saves of the buttons. I really like those Early Eagles. Nice lead too. Well Done at the old fort site.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NIce!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread