A quartz speci

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Managed a few more hours out today near an old reef working. Bit of junk there but it was nice to be able to wade through it all cross checking in gold mode and coin mode.
Managed to get a nice signal, dug about 5 inches into the mullock heap and was happy to hear it was coming from a lump of quartz. Couldn't see it but knew it was gold.
Spongy gold, maybe just under a gram. 👍
IMG_20220322_124528_718~2.jpg

IMG_20220322_154924_364.jpg

After a hammer job.
IMG_20220322_170316_578~2.jpg

Upvote 28
OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
I absolutely agree with you. Seriously, nobody could be as dumb as those people let on and make the stupid decisions they do. It all has to be a plan. I think it is intentional. And the reasons may be sinister. Or they are all just friggin morons.

I’m telling you the whole world is going to sh#t I’m glad I was born in the last of the great decades

At 6000 fsw, even my longest snorkel won't get me to those bottles nestled about that anchor!

Here's a link to the story:

DSD

Nice quartz gold specimen hidden treasure.

Nice Chilli!Doing it!

wow,great job.
Thanks guys, appreciate the responses.
I used to be able to go a lot harder, but hey, we get older, cant do what we used to do and carry gear wise, I do now carry some injuries from my stupid days. Several accidents. I'll admit I was an idiot who thought he was bullet proof!
But hey, if I can still have a go, even scaled right down like now, I have zero complaints, im happy just to still just get out there no matter my limits.
Any find is a good find. 😀
And too, I very much appreciate all of everyones welcome here and acceptance. Its very uplifting to say the least 👍

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Nice going on the hammer job :goldpan:
Thanks, Im just thankfull I can actually get out these days and have a swing.
👍
To others who do, and find a specimen, when you go the hit with a hammer or a dolly pot. Just before, and I mean just before the final blow, pull it back, takes some tries, but just as you feel that full impact hit..... stop and pull back. That will shatter the quartz but 90% of the time leave the gold intact.
I saved many, many amazing bits doing that, which would have been otherwise destroyed. Hit full on.... and just at that precice moment....full stop. Ill show some that I did using that method in coming days. 👍
It works 👍

Last edited:

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quartz quartz quartz, since I moved here this word keeps coming up.
Very nice finds by the way💪 your pics start bringing out questions I've had stewing for almost 5 years.
I'll start easy......does all quartz contain gold or does all gold contain quartz?
I've so far found to large veins running through my hills but since I no nothing of the subject yet I've just left them be. Well got nice pieces around the house and gave some away. But haven't done any diggin or really getting down to business.
Just curious and thanks again for those awesome pics👍

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quartz quartz quartz, since I moved here this word keeps coming up.
Very nice finds by the way💪 your pics start bringing out questions I've had stewing for almost 5 years.
I'll start easy......does all quartz contain gold or does all gold contain quartz?
I've so far found to large veins running through my hills but since I no nothing of the subject yet I've just left them be. Well got nice pieces around the house and gave some away. But haven't done any diggin or really getting down to business.
Just curious and thanks again for those awesome pics👍
Quartz is one of if not the most common minerals on earth. Gold is one of the rarest elements. Gold is probably most often originally deposited with quartz but quartz is most often deposited without gold or other metalic elements.
If you are in a known gold region then you have a better chance then other areas.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quartz is one of if not the most common minerals on earth. Gold is one of the rarest elements. Gold is probably most often originally deposited with quartz but quartz is most often deposited without gold or other metalic elements.
If you are in a known gold region then you have a better chance then other areas.
Thank you🤘

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet piece indeed!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread