23.5 KB · Views: 22

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The foundation stones of temple mount in Jerusalem are huge, the largest found so far is 47’x11’.

(Edited because of loose nut behind the keyboard)

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“I’d always rather have questions I can’t answer than have answers I can’t question…”
-name forgotten-

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having NDN ancestry, I always sorta disliked the belief that aliens from another world HAD to have been involved in things my ancestors created, as they were too stupid to come up with anything on their own. Still, I'm a big fan of 'Ancient Aliens' TV show. Could be something to the 'Star People'.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Having NDN ancestry, I always sorta disliked the belief that aliens from another world HAD to have been involved in things my ancestors created, as they were too stupid to come up with anything on their own. Still, I'm a big fan of 'Ancient Aliens' TV show. Could be something to the 'Star People'.
Exactly! J.M. Adovasio, one of the world's leading archeologists is on record for stating that very notion. Old stereotypes & prejudices kept the Native Americans of both continents from being acknowledged as the architects of the new worlds amazing ancient monuments.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ancient peoples were NOT backwards! They just lacked the technologies of today. The reason they were able to create some of the seemingly impossible feats back then is they had a dedication to purpose that today's artisans no longer can or will do. ╦╦C

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scientist who are studying the pyramids now believe they are NOT 3k years old (like we have been taught) but instead their 12k + years old .:dontknow:
An “audacious autodidact” theorizes this. He also has a book he’s selling regarding this theory, There is a big difference between that and a scientist. Am I way off??

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truth is we will never know. All the rest at this point is a speculation.
I respectfully disagree with your first statement. I don’t think you can say that with absolute certainty. There is a wealth of information covered in sand in Egypt that may very well solve that mystery. They tended to leave behind quite a bit of written materials. We may find the instruction manual!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are VERY possible statements

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is (was) a single piece of stone in Aswan, Egypt that workers were fashioning into an obelisk. The natural flaws in the rock cracked and they abandoned it. Estimated weight is 2,400,000 pounds. Would have been the largest freestanding monolithic monument known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Obelisk2.jpg

Hand tools (no iron). Just a LOT of manual effort and knowing how to work the natural grain of the rock. Make little holes along the proper feature and drive wedges in to split along nice, flat planes. Then use small rocks to polish surfaces flat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfinished_obelisk#/media/File:Obelisk-Quarry-detail.jpg

In modern times - if you want to see what a LOT of people can do without machinery look up the Chinese Nationals making airstrips for the American Volunteer Group (i.e. "Flying Tigers") around 1939. Hammers and buckets to make gravel from stone to fill and grade runways. All just human labor.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An “audacious autodidact” theorizes this. He also has a book he’s selling regarding this theory, There is a big difference between that and a scientist. Am I way off??
He has a right to his opinions like everyone else. Agree or disagree at our wish. Main stream "scientists/archeologists" doggedly promoted the now debunked "Clovis First" theory for 6 decades absolutely trashing any archeologists/scientists who dared to propose anything differently. How many years of research were lost because no one dug below the Clovis level being told that there was nothing to find there? Now we know there is an enormous amount of pre Clovis material being found and researched. Food for thought.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respectfully disagree with your first statement. I don’t think you can say that with absolute certainty. There is a wealth of information covered in sand in Egypt that may very well solve that mystery. They tended to leave behind quite a bit of written materials. We may find the instruction manual!
I agree. We cannot predict the future. Though i belive this knowledge will not come in my lifetime. So basicaly, this is given inplicitely in my first sentance.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was hopeing someone who is better informed would chime in with a lot more info!!
Don't think any members are quite that old...L.o.l..

Could one piece atop another be cha cha'd back and forth to wear them smooth and tight/flat?

About all I have to ponder with half an idea derived at from elsewhere is why a quarry is important. Being stone quality underground is different in integrity and workability compared to material exposed above ground.

Here's an idea of how blocks could be isolated and removed from a quarry.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The foundation stones of temple mount in Jerusalem are huge, the largest found so far is 47’x11’ and is estimated to be around 500,000 tons
In 2006 the Western Wall Heritage Foundation estimated it at 517 tonnes (1,139,468lbs US). That's a tad smaller. ;-) But still a big ar$e rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread