A story about "remote" dowsing methods

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A story about "remote" dowsing methods

I been a cop for a long time, but never did hear much about Dowsing, except when my grandpa did it to locate a well site on their farm in about 1967.
Then the other day I was at one of the local parks just knocking around with my MD, when this guy on a bicycle who had been collecting aluminum cans out of the trash bins came over and started watching me. After a few minutes, he starts asking me if I ever used the "Pendulum Method". I said no, so he proceeds to tell me how he can look at a map and figure out where there is treasure. He asked me if I wanted to "partner up" to TH but I told him I MD because I like the solitude. He didn't get it. Then I told him I like to relax and just let what comes do so. I said if I am concentrating on a specific goal it wouldn't be relaxing anymore. He just stared at me. So of course I asked him why he was riding a bike and collecting cans if he had such a valuable ability and he said his "consortium" had found millions of dollars worth of treasure, but it was tied up in litigation and government claims. He said he would locate something for me to prove his ability. He pulled out and held a pendant/necklace to his forehead in both hands, then moved it to arms length and waved it back and forth slowly (not like a pendulum). He said there was a small, silver ring 3" deep under a certain tree, so I walked over to it and checked where he pointed. I got a signal in the general vicinity, so I notched and probed it. I told him from the reading it was a coin. It was a good, strong, clear signal, but small, so I knew it was probably a dime. He said his pendant told him it was a quarter. I flipped it out and he saw how small it was and said "no wait, it's a dime". I cleaned it off and what do ya know...........
So on the opposite side of the tree from where he directed me I got another signal. It was slightly broken but fairly clear. I knew if it was a ring, it was not pure silver. I notched the reading, then spaded out a divot. It was an old pull tab. Since there was no other reading, he started saying he had been right because it WAS a "silver(colored) ring". Then he said he would have figured it wasn't a ring made of silver if I hadn't been so hasty to get to it (WTH???). I told him I needed to get home, so I went to my truck, loaded up and drove around the block while he peddled off with his bag of cans strapped to his bike rack. When he was out of sight, I parked in a different area and went back to MDing in the park. Next time I'll just handcuff him to picnic table till I'm done THing.
I saw the Dowsing section here and thought I'd share my story. I read the posts about map and pendulum dowsing, and I can't help but wonder.......... if I could divine the location of treasures by dowsing, I definitely wouldn't be wasting my time on some computer forum talking about it. After the first mil, I'd be living on the beach in the Virgin Islands..............
But I WILL feel pretty 'stoopid' if I see a pic of the can collector guy in the newspaper in an article about how he just got rich..... ;)

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A story about "remote" dowsing methods

Well Sig, I was mostly talking about myself, if I had a system like that I'd be too busy counting gold bullion to post ;) I'm a line-of-duty service-connected disabled-retired Army vet (MP, Iran / Lebanon conflict era) and spent a few years in recovery, rehab and therapy after operations to make me able to be a cop again. They just can't learn some of us nothin' ;D
But I appreciate the mutual Happy Vets Day wish........and to all of us who have been and are currently in the Armed Forces, thanks and stay safe!!!!!
Like I said in another post earlier, my Grandpa dowsed a well location at their farm back in 1970 or so, and it's still producing today. I'm just a skeptic at heart tho, my problem, not anyone else's. Don't have any other Dowsing type stories but those two, so I thought I'd share them both.
No offense intended.

Konnen Sie Deutsche sprechen? Ich von meinem Grossvater gelehrt.

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fortunately my injuries didn't impede my mobility dramatically. I can't imagine what you went thru. Glad you're back too, and keep swingin'.
Ceramic chakras?! I thought the hips were both in the'2nd' or 'base' or 'Svadisthana' chakra?! What's the other? Or are they both considered ' atala' chakras?!
I'm not real "up" on this stuff... ;D

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009

That's a great story. You probably know from being a cop that homeless and destitute people are often real story tellers. I've met several that have each told me they were brothers with famous people (Bruce Springsteen for example). These people have nothing better to do with their lives and just want attention.

As for your grandpa dowsing a well, SWR has previously posted information on why finding water isn't really that hard. The gist of it is that there is a lot of it around and in a lot of places you could dig just about anywhere and hit water. There is no reason to believe that your grandpa found the ONLY well source or even the BEST well source. He just found a source of water. Now if he had done this is a barren desert... :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread