A Tale of a Bank Manager

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've all seen posts about tellers that snipe coins. Here's one for the other side.

The backstory : I get a box of halves each week.

Today, I hit my dump bank to unload 2 (skunk) boxes of halves. I also gave the customer service rep. a box of chocolates and a bunch (8) of lightly impaired clad proof halves -- both items were for her to share with the tellers. I explained what an impaired proof was and when I left I heard her telling two tellers about the coins (as they were scarfing down some chocolates).

Next up was the acquisition bank. I wanted to talk to the Assistant Manager last week but she was busy with a customer so I sent her an e-mail -- ostensibly to ask her to distribute the chocolates and another bunch (8) of even better impaired proofs. I included a link about impaired proofs (which was news to her). I also asked her to give the coins to the tellers that normally work on Wednesdays (the day I normally pick up the box of halves). She responded to me and was very pleased with my gesture.

Note that I normally give chocolates at Christmas and sometimes around he 4th of July, but this was the first time I added the impaired proofs to the acquisition bank (I gave the dump bank proofs last year). I'm out of 'nice' impaired proofs (found 11 so far in 2021, not all were nice) -- but I figure that I have no use for them and they might be a pleasant curiosity to the tellers

So when I gave the Asst. Manager the chocolates and the coins, she said, "I've got something for you." and handed me 3 halves. She would not let me pay for them.

Attached is the halves.

Attachments

• kathys halves.jpg
    kathys halves.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 10

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez I wonder what you would get if you brought her a cake!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that's great! I think the average day for a bank is routine. Someone like you adds some excitement to the mundane. I think you should marry all of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread