A Tale of One Teller

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I was picking up this week's (skunk) box of halves, I asked my teller if she had any more halves. She said she had none, but the next teller said she had one but that I probably didn't want it because her boyfriend told her which halves to be looking for and this was a (looking at the coin) 1968.

Not showing my hand, I said I'd take it anyway and that I'm interested in all halves.

It was a 1968 all right, a 1968S impaired proof -- the first one of that date / mintmark I've come across.

Attachments

• 1968S.jpg
    1968S.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 10

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I was picking up this week's (skunk) box of halves, I asked my teller if she had any more halves. She said she had none, but the next teller said she had one but that I probably didn't want it because her boyfriend told her which halves to be looking for and this was a (looking at the coin) 1968.

Not showing my hand, I said I'd take it anyway and that I'm interested in all halves.

It was a 1968 all right, a 1968S impaired proof -- the first one of that date / mintmark I've come across.
Well now,some days the bear gets you.But some days you get the bear!!!!!!! Nice hunting blueberra!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manager at my bank sniped all 90% coins but didn't know there were 40% coins all the better for me. She retired but all the tellers still snipe the 90% coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions