a talk about the equinox and deus freqs...

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing video! I agree 100% with you about how people are just getting all upset about a new detector entering the market, on some of the posts on here it is people saying how bad the equinox is even though they do not even own one, if people think it is horrible they should get their hands on it and test it before making false accusations. I cant wait to hear what you think in your review video.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great video man! I couldn't agree with you more about what you said at the beginning. I got an 800 for water hunting this summer. I spent 4 hours last weekend at a beat up site and it far exceeded my expectations. I am now considering where it fits in my land hunting with the Deus. This 800 might be getting used more than I thought it would.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video Calabash Digger. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not brand loyal either, I just want what will work best for me.

With that said, I am no expert on electronics by any means, I wonder if the folks at Deus are able to create an update where their detector has the ability to hunt in multi frequencies as well? The multi frequencies are already there as you know but require manual changes. Perhaps Deus will be able to blend their frequencies together like the Equinox. Just a thought and I welcome any suggestions or thoughts if this is even possible.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video Calabash Digger. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not brand loyal either, I just want what will work best for me.

With that said, I am no expert on electronics by any means, I wonder if the folks at Deus are able to create an update where their detector has the ability to hunt in multi frequencies as well? The multi frequencies are already there as you know but require manual changes. Perhaps Deus will be able to blend their frequencies together like the Equinox. Just a thought and I welcome any suggestions or thoughts if this is even possible.

I believe in the case of the Deus it would have to be a hardware change... perhaps a new multi freq coil... if thats even possible given their infrastructure. When you toggle frequencies on the Deus, inside the coil it clicks and sounds like a relay is changing the frequency. So its only able to do one at a time.

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

No problem! When I posted my first youtube video about the equinox everyone complained what I was doing wrong and it got more dislikes then likes. I then made another video where I fixed everything that I did wrong and more people complained, what those people do not realize is that they complain for more videos on the equinox and than complain about what is wrong, it just gets really annoying, I have been watching your channel for a while and I really enjoy your videos, do not listen to all the people that complain because there are more people that enjoy your videos than those that do not.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea idea why people would complain about a youtube video. Maybe they really have nothing to do.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
enjoyed the video. I have used several detectors over the years, mainly cheap ones, even a cheap radio shack one that I put together as a kit back in the mid seventies. The Ace 250 was the 1st really good detector that I owned and it did an awesome job but I wanted better and bought a Double D coil for it. Then I wanted even more and so stepped up to the AT Gold and did awesome with that. But and this is a very big But for me, I am older and struggle with walking etc and needed something lighter to carry in order to continue detecting. In steps the Deus, a lot more lighter and so I am still detecting and detecting longer time periods at a time. If I could afford it, I might would get the Nox but then I may be giving up the very lightness that I enjoy now. My shoulder, arm and back scream lightness is best so I will most likely remain using the Deus. I totally agree with the performance aspect, I would love for the Deus to be multifrequency but it is not. I could see where if one lived in an area full of awesome historical relics, one would want to have the best machine for the job. I don't see myself as being in such a locale at the moment. I can fully see the multifrequency detector making life much easier in finding both the high and low conductors at the same time, regardless of being coin/jewelry/relics etc. Am I a Ford man, a Chevy? I have had a lot of various brand vehicles and I am into what works best for me and is dependable, no matter the make. It is what it is. If they had the Nox out when I bought the Deus (a major purchase for me now), I might have been swayed to have bought it instead.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent video with a very important topic! :occasion14:

GL & HH

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Another good video that going to upset a few, but they will get over it, the nox is pretty much speaking for itself and it's still early days.

Dirtlooter get yourself a swing buddy it turns my 5lb pi machine into something I control with 1 finger. GLHH.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why has none of the other companies ever made multi frequency machines? Fisher made a few of the CZ line machines that ran on dual frequencies but that is it other than the minelabs....? Just thinking out loud...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a great question!

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video as always. You will never please everyone.
Don't bother trying. Your reviews are honest and much appreciated.
Thanks.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's a great question!

I had a White's v3i years ago and if I remember correctly, that machine can run a single frequency or 3 frequencies at once. I'm sure there's a few other simultaneous multifrequency machines out there. After using it for 2 years, I got rid of my V3i because it was overly complex.... I'm a software developer and the UI on the v3i was even hard for me to wrap my head around. On the plus side (and minus side) it allowed you to tweek every single thing about the machine. Anyway, that's also another multifrequency machine with good IDs.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why has none of the other companies ever made multi frequency machines? Fisher made a few of the CZ line machines that ran on dual frequencies but that is it other than the minelabs....? Just thinking out loud...

There are a handful of other simultaneous multi-frequency machines out there. I see Minelab was granted this patent in 2012. I dunno if this has to do with FBS, Multi-IQ, both, or neither:

Multi-frequency transmitter for a metal detector
Patent number: 8159225
Abstract: A method for generating a transmit signal for transmission including the steps of a) generating at least two selected rectangular wave signals, each having a different fundamental frequency; b) mixing the selected rectangular wave signals to produce a driving signal; and c) driving a switching circuit using the driving signal for generating a transmit signal for transmission, wherein the Fourier transform of the transmit signal contains frequency components of relatively high magnitude, at frequencies corresponding to the convolution of the fundamental frequencies of the said at least two selected rectangular wave signals, as compared to other frequency components across the frequency spectrum of the Fourier transform, and wherein the rectangular wave signals are selected such that the frequency components of relatively high magnitude are substantially the same in magnitude, and spaced from each other in the frequency spectrum in a predetermined manner.

Perhaps someone with electronics engineering background can chime in. Does this patent keep other companies from developing simultaneous multi-freq without a license?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread