A thought about getting permissions for locked gate schools

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want this to sound like I am thinking of using recent events across the country in schools to gain permission but more of offering services for being able to detect areas closed to us in some counties or cities. My thought is offering a bi-weekly detecting of the playground looking for any weapons and any sharp objects as some kids show up early to school and head straight to the playground to play and the playground is a great hiding spot for a weapon and unless they are scanned upon entry they could be bringing in a weapon. I myself have found 7 knives in playgrounds and 1 gun, these have been in parks which is why I thought this could be a great service to offer. Please offer any constructive thoughts on any other benefits it would offer for the schools, I would also ask to be able to spend an hour or two detecting ball fields and any other grassy areas. I would request to be able to do this in all the district schools with a written permission from the school board or head administrator of the district. Give me your thoughts and Ideas.

Denny45

Apr 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in central California I used to hunt school playground equipment every Saturday in the 1990’s. Times have changed.
Going to the school and asking isn’t going to get you a OK to hunt even if you say your helping to clean up the playground by removing all sharp objects in the ground that means the school isn’t doing their job keeping these sharp objects out.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in central California I used to hunt school playground equipment every Saturday in the 1990’s. Times have changed.
Going to the school and asking isn’t going to get you a OK to hunt even if you say your helping to clean up the playground by removing all sharp objects in the ground that means the school isn’t doing their job keeping these sharp objects out.
We probably hunt some of the same areas. I'm in the central valley also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions