A tribe of indian head cents..

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This tribe of indian head cents i pulled was between two trees in a 10x10 area.(3) 1905 1901 1881 1883 1888 Same area where i found the dog tag and the gold cufflink, How could someone miss all this i will never understand... thumbnail.jpg also five wheat cents.

Upvote 24

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Sounds like you found a great spot!! I love Indian heads but they are a rare find for us! I would be over the moon to find a tribe of them!! Congrats!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the recovery, one just never knows why something like this has been missed.

In a large 400 acre park system in the mid 80's I was told by the dealer/friend that the park was hunted out of all the silvers.
Guys would just dig them and leave the pennies behind.
Though I would still find my share of both.
I could still get silver from that park today given the opportunity.
My 2008 count was 100+ silvers

Query: What type of trees where they?

We used to find large amounts of pennies like this in groupings back in the late 60's early 70's in the school yards.
Explanation from my mother was that in the fall they used to play (1920's) in the piles of maple leaves that had being raked up.

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on the recovery, one just never knows why something like this has been missed.

In a large 400 acre park system in the mid 80's I was told by the dealer/friend that the park was hunted out of all the silvers.
Guys would just dig them and leave the pennies behind.
Though I would still find my share of both.
I could still get silver from that park today given the opportunity.
My 2008 count was 100+ silvers

Query: What type of trees where they?

We used to find large amounts of pennies like this in groupings back in the late 60's early 70's in the school yards.
Explanation from my mother was that in the fall they used to play (1920's) in the piles of maple leaves that had being raked up.
They maple trees two big ones in the hard pack soil lots of iron square nails too searching in all metal all you can here. that's probably why..

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simply amazing buddy- seems like you're getting real warmed up for a few weeks from now- keep up the great work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread