A vintage Whites Coinmaster metal detector and a Flip HD camera

band-aid

Nov 10, 2010
A vintage White's Coinmaster metal detector and a Flip HD camera

Only ended up buying 2 things from yard sales today. And they were both from the same sale.

The first item I bought was the White's Coinmaster. When I saw it, it had some rust on it, and I wasn't sure if it worked, and it was old. So I asked how much anyway, and she said $5, and that it worked the last time they used it, which was about 6 years ago. I passed, but then she offered to let it go for $2.50. So, of course, since it was a metal detector and it was only $2.50, I couldn't resist. I don't know anything about the detector, other than the fact that it's a White's, and the only reason I bought it was the price.

Second thing I bought was a Flip HD video camera. I asked how much, expecting something like $20. But, she only said $1, because the glass panel covering the lens area was missing. It still works fine, so I'm happy that I basically got an HD video camera for $1. 8-)

So I think I did ok today

Attachments

• whites.jpg
    whites.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 9,205
  • flip.jpg
    flip.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 532

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $5, even if broken you generally can't go wrong with buying a White's detector. There is always some value in it. While that one is a bit of a dinosaur, they can still bring decent money on ebay. Now I have passed on radio shack / BH detectors at $5 in the past, though, haha.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have that model whites.

it takes 2 Battery packs, you can find them on ebay & Radio shack

one holds 6 AA's (9 volts) the other 8AA's (12 Volts)
to know which is which, if you don't have the packs.
turn the battery check to one of the battery checks.
Then plug the battery on, see whch one burries the needle.

you may be able to test it with 2
9 volts,
I never tried it with mine.

sold mine in 2000 for $100.00 I "think" new, they sold for $400 at Kelllyco been a Long Time !
but I Can tell you I found some Nice Coins with it.
oldest 1812 Large cent at an easy 8"

Last edited:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score

I recently went on the "100 mile garage sale" here in Minnesota/Wisconsin and I thought that without a doubt I would find at least 1 metal detector and I found zilch. I do have a $10 White's Coinmaster IV from a flea market a few years ago though. Needs batts

Gregmid40

Mar 20, 2013
Advance, NC.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840, Tesoro Tejon, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Fisher 1225,1260,1265,1266,1270X, Garrett Freedom Ace CDC, MP Series MP5 Pro, Garrett Coin Hunter TR Disc. (1978), Mikron NRG-110, De
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gregmid40

Be careful of EBay though. The White's detectors can get quite pricey and with NO guarantee that they will work like the advertiser tries to claim a lot of times. Bought one recently (White's 5000/D G.E.B. Coinmaster) for 107.00 I won a bid on after the advertiser said it "worked". Not true. Get it and put brand new batteries in. Turn it on in search mode and ta-dah! NOTHING. Oh, don't get me wrong, it looks good from the exterior but something is definitely not working either inside on the circuit board or in the cable and/or the searchcoil. Oh man though what a deal you got especially if the yard sale people let you try it out. Wow. Congradulations. I'll have you know, that detector on EBay would EASILY fetch around 150.00 for a STARTING (bid) price. So great job!

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful of EBay though. The White's detectors can get quite pricey and with NO guarantee that they will work like the advertiser tries to claim a lot of times. Bought one recently (White's 5000/D G.E.B. Coinmaster) for 107.00 I won a bid on after the advertiser said it "worked". Not true. Get it and put brand new batteries in. Turn it on in search mode and ta-dah! NOTHING. Oh, don't get me wrong, it looks good from the exterior but something is definitely not working either inside on the circuit board or in the cable and/or the searchcoil. Oh man though what a deal you got especially if the yard sale people let you try it out. Wow. Congradulations. I'll have you know, that detector on EBay would EASILY fetch around 150.00 for a STARTING (bid) price. So great job!
Hope you got your money back.

Nice find DewMan.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Yard Sale Fisher

Nice looking detector! I got this old Fisher for $5.00 at a yard sale and sold it for $27.50. I think it's from the early 70's. I buy several each year at sales and have pretty good luck reselling them. One White's I used for a back-up for half a season. I paid $40.00 for it and got $ 95.00 when I let it go.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 327

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking detector! I got this old Fisher for $5.00 at a yard sale and sold it for $27.50. I think it's from the early 70's. I buy several each year at sales and have pretty good luck reselling them. One White's I used for a back-up for half a season. I paid $40.00 for it and got $ 95.00 when I let it go.

I think you're looking at something older than 70s.

I am pretty sure that is from the 1960s.

What is the model?

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently inherited a coinmaster 5000/d Geb from my grandfather.. I have no idea what to sell it for... I would like someone to get use out of it instead of collecting dust in my possession .. Any thoughts on what it's worth?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions