Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone. After 3 days of work and a hurricane through the state I thought I would get out for a short dig. One of the yards Iโ€™ve been hitting I was surprised to find out from the land owner of a surprise. They said the were adding onto their home and they just dug some foundation footers at the back of their home. ๐Ÿ˜ I started to detect the dirt thrown to the side an immediately found the Dragoon coat button. For whatever reason these types usually come out of the ground with very good patina. No other artifacts were found in the area of the footers today. I did hear the upper west portion of the yard and found a few more relics.
The buckle came out of the ground like this and may be silver plated. My second favorite relic of the day was the cut end of a spoon. There have been many of these found at the fort and no one is for sure of the purpose of the augmentation. An old time Florida digger has an idea that the cut pieces may have been used as musket wrench.? Maybe so.
They floral piece is lead or pewter. Not sure what it maybe and the other piece is also an unknown.
Anyway we made it through the storm ok.
Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!
FF
45DCA644-F220-4A73-BDE6-D1ECC9F1168D.png
49795F35-71B9-4D53-8673-3E0B36C165D6.png
CEE7998B-5370-4609-A076-0AA5F1C090EF.png
E4F58997-79CF-44E4-9CCD-AE457DB28E25.png
586EEDFF-6720-4809-BB12-58AE8BC258B0.png
B9B28232-287C-4E84-B18A-51AC117D702E.png

Upvote 38

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. After 3 days of work and a hurricane through the state I thought I would get out for a short dig. One of the yards Iโ€™ve been hitting I was surprised to find out from the land owner of a surprise. They said the were adding onto their home and they just dug some foundation footers at the back of their home. ๐Ÿ˜ I started to detect the dirt thrown to the side an immediately found the Dragoon coat button. For whatever reason these types usually come out of the ground with very good patina. No other artifacts were found in the area of the footers today. I did hear the upper west portion of the yard and found a few more relics.
The buckle came out of the ground like this and may be silver plated. My second favorite relic of the day was the cut end of a spoon. There have been many of these found at the fort and no one is for sure of the purpose of the augmentation. An old time Florida digger has an idea that the cut pieces may have been used as musket wrench.? Maybe so.
They floral piece is lead or pewter. Not sure what it maybe and the other piece is also an unknown.
FF View attachment 2048585 View attachment 2048586 View attachment 2048587 View attachment 2048588 View attachment 2048589 View attachment 2048590
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Casey13

Sep 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FF View attachment 2048585 View attachment 2048586 View attachment 2048587 View attachment 2048588 View attachment 2048589 View attachment 2048590
Nice finds as always Florida Finder!
That one unknown peice you got, I found one too last year at an early 1900s train station. Not sure what it went too

Attachments

• 20221001_152437.jpg
    20221001_152437.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 20

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great patina on the Dragoon, I bet you will never tire of digging those. The buckle doesn't look terribly old but that flower thing may even be Spanish La Florida related.....maybe.

slammyz69

Apr 27, 2022
Very nice. I bet you were stoked

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds as always Florida Finder!
That one unknown peice you got, I found one too last year at an early 1900s train station. Not sure what it went too
With the inset screw holes, it must have gone on wood, so some kind of furniture hardware.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going glad you can get out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread