Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can dig em, just can't dig em looking sweet. :-\ I think the 1820 Commercial change is a first and should clean up ok so that is cool. Also another Portugal Reis, my 2nd this Spring. Our next hunt will probably not be for a couple of weeks and by then most fields will be planted, so just getting enough targets to have a chance at something good will soon be a challenge.

PS... God I love these awesome coppers! ;D

Attachments

• crusty1.jpg
    crusty1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 853
  • crusty2.jpg
    crusty2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 854
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bubba65 said:
Nice digs IP. Is this a site that you have been to before and if so did you find many military buttons before from this site?

Bubba65

It's from two sites, and neither place has given up a military button. There wasn't many buttons period.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a cannon should completly cover the entire BANNER section !! I want to see a cannon posted ! Not one of those little toy cannons either ! Go IronPatch !

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting better read on the crusty ones. Nice hunt again. :icon_thumright:
Musket parts are interesting finds.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
crusty coopers are good with me better the zing pennys any day means your in a great area steppin back in time who last held those crustys why did they lose them :hello:

mismi

Feb 10, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & White`s BeachHunter 300 ID
Hammer screw...
You know your stuff IP. With the history up there, you really bring it in to show. That would be too cool to see the cannon dug out of the field,
and to help the land owner find it as well.

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Awesome Coppers there Ironpatch...I love copper in any condition...Congrats :icon_thumleft:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
IP,You always have the luck...you almost always have a good spot to hit.... congrats on some nice finds.... there condition isn't your error it is the dang soils!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful to see such a devoted digger! Dig ALL those coppers Iron Patch as they ARE such a BEAU-TI-FUL sight no matter the condition! :icon_thumleft: :wink: Great job my friend. That site is producing well....get it all as its my belief that when we DO dig the stuff up, RATHER, than leaving it in the ground, we preserve it for others and future generations to enjoy, many whom may not metal detect but would enjoy seeing the items displayed as history. Many of these coins/relics, if left in the ground another 10-20 years, would be worn 'smooth' and so its a blessing for us to save them now for history and preservations sake :wink: Dig on brother :headbang: :wink: :icon_thumleft:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
whoa now thats a great day! congrats man! :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mmmm musket parts and big coppers --got the copper and iron in yer diet now eat yer veggies.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds once again.....I notice that up your way you find plenty of half coppers......Not to common here in NY! WTG :icon_thumleft:

Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

The farmer who gave us permission today knows a field where a cannon is suppose to be buried :thumbsup: Think that will make the banner when we dig it? ;D

That one I got too see :laughing7: :laughing7:
Good digs IP ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Mach 1 Pilot said:
Nice job finding those! :icon_thumright:

I hope you find the cannon! I also have a buried pre-Revolutionary cannon story to follow up on.... someday! Its the only reason to keep my GTI2500... the two box coil. :)

I wonder what condition a cannon would be in after 250 years underground? :o

It was Ironhorse who was talking to him, but I'm under the impression it wasn't buried that long ago. That's good in a way because it makes the chances of it being there much better. I think IH said a guy about 90 years old showed the farmer the spot. I'll have to get the details again myself, but will be a fun hunt! Ironhorse (well both of us) have already said we'd gladly give it to the farmer as he wants to restore it and make it part of the community again.

oh yeah, return that nice friendly cannon back into the community thats what they have been missing all this time, the booming sound & distruction of matey cannon :laughing7: :laughing7:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

The farmer who gave us permission today knows a field where a cannon is suppose to be buried :thumbsup: Think that will make the banner when we dig it? ;D

It depends on if it is marked or not. If it is a plain cannon, it may not make it up top. ::)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Mach 1 Pilot said:
Nice job finding those! :icon_thumright:

I hope you find the cannon! I also have a buried pre-Revolutionary cannon story to follow up on.... someday! Its the only reason to keep my GTI2500... the two box coil. :)

I wonder what condition a cannon would be in after 250 years underground? :o

It was Ironhorse who was talking to him, but I'm under the impression it wasn't buried that long ago. That's good in a way because it makes the chances of it being there much better. I think IH said a guy about 90 years old showed the farmer the spot. I'll have to get the details again myself, but will be a fun hunt! Ironhorse (well both of us) have already said we'd gladly give it to the farmer as he wants to restore it and make it part of the community again.

oh yeah, return that nice friendly cannon back into the community thats what they have been missing all this time, the booming sound & distruction of matey cannon :laughing7: :laughing7:

I guess they used to fire it in the community! ....and I wouldn't be surprised if teh farmer wants to do it again. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Iron Patch said:
Almost forgot!!!!

It depends on if it is marked or not. If it is a plain cannon, it may not make it up top. ::)

If it's marked it might be finders keepers. ;D The other thing he told Ironhorse was when it was on it's carriage in the old days it used to be a feat of strength for someone to move it, so we may big talking a serious cannon and not a small ship cannon which is more the type I would expect from such a story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread