Abraham Lincoln mourning card

amdefeo

Oct 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, first post here. My Grandmother recently passed and while cleaning out some of her stuff I took position of many of my Grandfathers collectibles. In his things were a few interesting things. This post is about an Abraham Lincoln mourning card.

I cannot find a lot of info on this card, I see there is an entry in the Library of Congress but not a lot of info. Would like to know more if there is anyone out there that knows about this that would be great. My main questions are how old is it, how many were printed and what would be the value. Secondly, how should I store this? I would like to frame it. Right now its just in a zip lock bag.

I have attached an image of the mourning card and below is a link to the LOC web site.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and help.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/lincoln/interactives/long-journey-home/apr_22/artifact_1_641.html

Lincoln mourning card 1986.0141.02.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you may also try to contact heritage Auctions. They will know. FYI they are currently gearing up for a huge Lincoln artifacts auction. ha.com

OP
OP
A

amdefeo

Oct 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, for the info. Im going to try to connect with Sara or HA. Ill update the thread as I find out more.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it could be of the period. There were a lot of memorials all across the country for Lincoln. Some had his body many did not. Look for a printer name or any regional identifier and you should be able to trace where this came from. The high dollar are of course Ill. and DC

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great piece of history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread