twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am working a deal for this machine for around $300.00 with a pin pointer included. this is going to be my reentrance machine to detecting. about 25 yrs ago I had a really cheap white toy but had fun with it, I would like to get more serious this time around after reading this forum I need to get in on the fun! in my life of 74 yrs I've fished, hunted , boated and a lot of other intense hobbies. I am thinking this may fit a bit easier in my life style, casually start and stop as I feel the need. what's the opinion of the machine as for price and being suited for my new venture? thanks future digger, :3coins:OH I did not say fortune digger! :3coins:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use an ACE 300 and it's good but I sometimes regret not getting a waterproof detector to hunt rivers and things. I'd say $300 is a good deal w/ the pinpointer included but I've heard a lot of people on the forum say they got an ACE or something but quickly regretted not getting a more expensive detector. I personally am pretty content with it and I've dug gold, silver, and some nice old relics! It certainly does get the job done but I haven't used a more expensive detector like an AT pro or Equinox so I can't speak for how much of an improvement a better detector would be.

Last edited:

Akb082317

Aug 10, 2020
PA
Detector(s) used
Anfibio multi
Simplex +
Ctx-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say get a simplex and a pin pointer separate. The simplex is priced right in that price range. The simplex will also allow you to have a waterproof detector. For the money in my opinion the simplex is hard to beat. Again it’s only my opinion.

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're in an area where ground balancing isn't an issue, it's a nice machine to start with. I started with an ACE400 and found out quickly that the auto-set ground balance wasn't a nice fit for my area. Once I cut over to the AT Pro and was able to gb it, it made my md'ing life a lot easier without all that racket caused by ground mineralization. Also to follow up Noah's comment the ACE line isn't waterproof, so unless you only intend on hunting in sunny weather keep that in mind. If I could go back in time I would have started out with the AT Pro, but man I found some cool stuff with my ACE400. No regrets other than explaining to my wife why I absolutely HAD to upgrade lmao.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I've seen, the Nokta Macro Simplex is the best performer and for the price and reliability, you can't beat it...!
I'm probably going that route myself, but I have to sell one of my machines, first - according to my wife...!

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Simplex. Damn glad I did.

I have had multiple Garretts, multiple Tesoros, Also got the Equinox 800.

Still glad and still using the Simplex. For the money, the waterproof, the wireless headphones, the machine works extremely well in iron too.

RJGMC

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

OP
OP
T

twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys for your advice sounds like I am barking up the wrong tree with the 300. I will be taking a hard look at the simplex as recommended.

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys for your advice sounds like I am barking up the wrong tree with the 300. I will be taking a hard look at the simplex as recommended.

You won’t regret the Simplex.

OP
OP
T

twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
spent 3 hrs watching you tube simplex demos and evaluations last night, I realize that some are sales gimmicks but I find that if you search and watch enough you can come to your own verdict. this seams like it maybe my choice, I especially like the under water evaluation. I will probably keep my eyes and ears open for awhile before i pull the trigger and purchase anything, need a cool down period. thanks to all you pros with your help!

OP
OP
T

twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just got done ordering a simplex and a pointer, its already being shipped i'll be finding gold and silver next week. just wishful thinking!!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck! We'll be waiting to see you post your finds! I think these guys may have just convinced me to get a Simplex as well haha.

halo71

Jun 4, 2020
Lincolnton, GA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much of a detriment is having a single frequency detector like the Simplex. Over multi frequency detectors like say....the Vanquish 540 or Ace Apex?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread