Admin and others…” techy” question with forum

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve used Tapatalk app in the past to access TNet forum feeds for a long time. Recently did an update on the app and for some reason had to add all my forums back in to the app. No problem except for TNet. It keeps giving me an error and says contact forum admin or try later. Anyone experiencing the same thing or have any idea what the fix would be? Thanks

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve used Tapatalk app in the past to access TNet forum feeds for a long time. Recently did an update on the app and for some reason had to add all my forums back in to the app. No problem except for TNet. It keeps giving me an error and says contact forum admin or try later. Anyone experiencing the same thing or have any idea what the fix would be? Thanks
The error message is because it is seeing the old website, the new website does not support Tappatalk. You can access TNet direct using you web browser on your phone. I use my android to access website then I set the option to desktop view in the options menu.

OP
OP
M

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The error message is because it is seeing the old website, the new website does not support Tappatalk. You can access TNet direct using you web browser on your phone. I use my android to access website then I set the option to desktop view in the options menu.
Ah I see… Thank you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the past I could see if a forum has new posts, it seems like that feature isn't working properly on the new software, any update as to when this feature will be up and running?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past I could see if a forum has new posts, it seems like that feature isn't working properly on the new software, any update as to when this feature will be up and running?
Click on drop down menu on right of "what's new" at top, lists new posts, new threads and so on. Can also click on "What's new" for different format of what's new.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Click on drop down menu on right of "what's new" at top, lists new posts, new threads and so on. Can also click on "What's new" for different format of what's new. I still see some forums are gold and others are grey yet there are new posting the grey colored forums is this old feature going to be working again? I like to scroll down through the forums and look for the ones that were gold which identified new posts.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here is a pic to show the gold and grey I described earlier
Annotation 2021-10-10 132249.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry sir, I misunderstood what you were asking.

If you look at any forum, on the left will be a small circle to left of title of thread, if it is colored red it has new posts you have not read, if it is white no new posts since you last clicked on thread.

1633886962839.png

I have asked admins if there is a way to make forum tabs change color when there are new threads and posts, will advise when I have answer back.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I look forward to your findings.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I look forward to your findings.
Icons are correct now, if they are gold there are new posts, gray no new posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread