Advice Looking For Gold Bracelet On A Golf Course Needed Using Equinox 800

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I will be searcing for a Gold Bracelet on a 100 year old golf course tonight. Bracelet was lost yesterday so I'm hoping it will be on the surface. I plan on discriminating iron and running all metal. Should I lower my senitivy a bit to eliminate deeper targets? The person who lost it will be with me. I hope we can retrace the shots they took. They think it was lost between holes 5, 6 and 7. If im missing anything I should be doing please let me know. I will ask the clubhouse personnel to let people know we will be occupying those holes as to not slow anyone's game down.

Thanks Tnet family.

Upvote 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of bracelet, solid or links. If it was just lost it is on the surface it should scream, even if in the sand bunkers.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of bracelet, solid or links. If it was just lost it is on the surface it should scream, even if in the sand bunkers.
Thats what I'm hoping for. Not sure what kind yet I just know it is a gold woman's bracelet. I'm hoping it's not a thin chain.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good one don. Wasn't planning on it lol.

Well some good Samaritan found it and turned it in already. Maybe I'll have another chance someday.

Travel240z

Greenie
Dec 16, 2018
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Equinox 600, Previous detectors were the Garrett AT series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance of trying your detector on it now. Would be nice to know what it would read.
I helped out one of my wife’s friends to find a gold band in a small area and it was like shooting fish in a barrel with the Equinox. Bracelets can be difficult based on thickness, pendants, and clasps.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance of trying your detector on it now. Would be nice to know what it would read.
I helped out one of my wife’s friends to find a gold band in a small area and it was like shooting fish in a barrel with the Equinox. Bracelets can be difficult based on thickness, pendants, and clasps.
No sorry. It was going to be a meet up from someone on Facebook. The course called while I was texting the person. I got sent a pic, it was a very thick chain of gold.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was doing it, I'd use the 12 X 15 coil for such a large area as a golf course. I'd put the Equinox in Field 2, turn the sensitivity down to where it's totally stable and then drop it another number or two. Hunt without discrimination (as in, turn the horseshoe on so you hear the iron too). Bring some cones or ropes to set up a grid pattern and work in an overlapping way so you don't leave any gaps. If it's truly made of gold and the links and clasp are small, the signal will probably be a low number/tone........likely under 10 unless there's a larger charm or clasp attach to it. Investigate all signals under 15 with a pin pointer. Hopefully they haven't run the lawn mower in the mean time. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was doing it, I'd use the 12 X 15 coil for such a large area as a golf course. I'd put the Equinox in Field 2, turn the sensitivity down to where it's totally stable and then drop it another number or two. Hunt without discrimination (as in, turn the horseshoe on so you hear the iron too). Bring some cones or ropes to set up a grid pattern and work in an overlapping way so you don't leave any gaps. If it's truly made of gold and the links and clasp are small, the signal will probably be a low number/tone........likely under 10 unless there's a larger charm or clasp attach to it. Investigate all signals under 15 with a pin pointer. Hopefully they haven't run the lawn mower in the mean time. Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply and all the good pointers cudamark. I don't have the big coil just the stock and sniper coil at this time. Would have used the stock one. Fortunately someone golfing yesterday found it before I (and the mowers) could get out there. They turned it in to the clubhouse. I was texing the owner getting info on it when they said it had been found. It was a very thick chain. Sadly they paid someone else to look for it before me with no luck.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just picture it....a man on an active golf course fairway swinging a metal detector..haha. Better check with the staff first I would say.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just picture it....a man on an active golf course fairway swinging a metal detector..haha. Better check with the staff first I would say.
Yeah It would have been a rather hilarious site for anyone. The course did let someone go on with a detector before I even had a chance to search for it. Fortunately it was found and turned in by another golfer.

cotterbass

Apr 3, 2011
Greenwood, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You might direct your first efforts to areas around the tee boxes. That is probably where most physical effort and "whipping action" occurs during a round, potentially resulting in "flinging" the bracelet by virtue of your rapid wrist acceleration with a driver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread