Advice on getting a true Pi detector

Nov 24, 2021
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Whites MX Sport,
Hello All, I'm looking for advice to get a true Pi machine for gold prospecting. The requirements new or used is first off to be a pulse induction machine, don't care if I gotta dig there's no discriminate available in these critters I get it. Waterproof is preferable but not a deal breaker, my budget new or used is about $1700 + or - preferably lol. I'm out in the "Motherlode" of the West so it would be a land and water machine. I have done a lot of research and come to a point of more confusion on what is what i.E. Minelab Excalibur ll advertised mostly as a Pi but actually isn't a Pi confusion example Exhibit A. My back and shoulders are jacked, so the appeal of a heavy box necessitating a harness and bungee are cumbersome and bothersome but again if it's what fits the bill for me suck it buttercup. I have even thought of such a basic Pi as the C. Scope CS4Pi. I want to add to my quiver a Pi machine first before I add other machines. So the question lays to y'alls recommendations as to what machines I should consider. Much Thanks to your input!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the Minelab GPX 4000; GP 3000; SDC 2300; Whites TDI; Garrett ATX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread