Affordable US-Made Gold Mining Equipment for Prospectors

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My nephew is wanting to get into gold prospecting now that they live next to a creek. He wants equipment like what I have, which is a GoldHog Hog Pan, GoldHog Multisluise, GoldHog Piglet, and as you can see all by GoldHog. I already bought him a gold-panning kit which he has been good about the use and care of. I do not mind buying him some upgraded equipment but I do not want to spend what took me many years saving and acquiring.

I would like to buy him products from a US-based small company I saw years ago on Youtube of the company owner making the ABS molded products that they make and sell. I remember that the prices were cheaper than GoldHog but the products were very similar. I really wish that I could remember and find this company again but have tried to no avail.

I need help in either finding this company's website or another comparable company so that I can buy my nephew his first piece of upgraded equipment for his birthday in two months. Thanks!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
R

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slow down a bit !! See how he is panning correctly first then slowly try him out with different equipment (of yours) to see how he does and what he likes using BEFORE you spend that hard earned $$$$$$$ !
He has been panning correctly for a bit over a year now. I have been taking him and his sister prospecting/mining with me for almost 4 years. When he comes with me and uses my equipment he has shown nothing but care and respect and really seems to be into it for the long haul which is why I am wanting to help him get started in a good but affordable line of equipment.

The reason I think that an ABS molded plastic line is a good line to start him off in is that I would be able to see obvious signs of him not caring for the equipment. He is just 16 and although he is very mature and responsible for his age, the bottom line is that he is 16. I too was a mature and responsible 16 yo, but still, I was a teenager who would on occasion break things by being absent-mindedly careless.

I am considering starting him off with a stream sluice from a line of ABS molded plastic from a company that can be built upon and used for a few years until he can afford to upgrade to either GoldHog as this hobby starts to pay for itself.

It is important to me and my entire family that whatever equipment we settle on is from a US-made (possibly Canadian) company in order to pass down a long-lasting family tradition to the next generation.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that company you remember was "California Gold Pans" or something like that. They made a small trommel, and other gear that was priced reasonably. They went out of business, IIRC. I think the owner had health issues. Angus McKirk is now located in Canada...they were in Idaho at Boise. but got bought out, and moved.
Jim

OP
OP
R

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that company you remember was "California Gold Pans" or something like that. They made a small trommel, and other gear that was priced reasonably. They went out of business, IIRC. I think the owner had health issues. Angus McKirk is now located in Canada...they were in Idaho at Boise. but got bought out, and moved.
Jim
Thanks!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always look and see what Charter members are selling. You can sell as a Charter member only.
Good luck.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search Spike Strike prospecting, Spikesgold on eBay
he posts on several pages I follow on face book of him vacuum molding drip riffle sluices.

OP
OP
R

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
search Spike Strike prospecting, Spikesgold on eBay
he posts on several pages I follow on face book of him vacuum molding drip riffle sluices.
Thanks! Checked him out and he just might have the cheapest dredge that I have seen...interesting!?!?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be
Angus McKirck. They make some nice ABS drop riffle stuff. The green Letrap sluices are also ABS and petty affordable.
Ditto on the McKirck :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:
006.JPG
007.JPG

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Double ditto on the Mackirk! No longer do the dig in creek thing, only detect for gold. With that said tho.... two things I'll NEVER part with are my AM sluice & Garrett super sluice pan......

Reactions: RTR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread