Affordable US-Made Gold Mining Equipment for Prospectors

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My nephew is wanting to get into gold prospecting now that they live next to a creek. He wants equipment like what I have, which is a GoldHog Hog Pan, GoldHog Multisluise, GoldHog Piglet, and as you can see all by GoldHog. I already bought him a gold-panning kit which he has been good about the use and care of. I do not mind buying him some upgraded equipment but I do not want to spend what took me many years saving and acquiring.

I would like to buy him products from a US-based small company I saw years ago on Youtube of the company owner making the ABS molded products that they make and sell. I remember that the prices were cheaper than GoldHog but the products were very similar. I really wish that I could remember and find this company again but have tried to no avail.

I need help in either finding this company's website or another comparable company so that I can buy my nephew his first piece of upgraded equipment for his birthday in two months. Thanks!

Upvote 3
OP
OP
R

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Double ditto on the Mackirk! No longer do the dig in creek thing, only detect for gold. With that said tho.... two things I'll NEVER part with are my AM sluice & Garrett super sluice pan......
Still haven't bought the Garrett Super Sluice Pan, even after all the good things I've heard. My concern is that it would be uncomfortable for me to use as I am a very tiny adult standing at a whopping 4'9" and have hands, arms, legs, and feet the size of an 8-year-old. Thank god I look old. LOL

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never dealt with Geo Sluice but they sell an American made version of the LeTrap sluice, I got a LeTrap to use as an insert for my dredge sluice for doing cleanups but ended up using it for stream sluicing and high banking the thing works great.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still haven't bought the Garrett Super Sluice Pan, even after all the good things I've heard. My concern is that it would be uncomfortable for me to use as I am a very tiny adult standing at a whopping 4'9" and have hands, arms, legs, and feet the size of an 8-year-old. Thank god I look old. LOL
It's probably way to big for you anyway. I've got one but I don't use it, but it was given to me to test out. There's lots of great smaller pans out there.
The Gold Claw is a great pan after you learn how to use it -

But for smaller or older prospectors a good 14" with the 3 types of mini riffles built in work great. There's lots of companies that sell them these days -

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never dealt with Geo Sluice but they sell an American made version of the LeTrap sluice, I got a LeTrap to use as an insert for my dredge sluice for doing cleanups but ended up using it for stream sluicing and high banking the thing works great.
Thanks!

PickAxeCA

Nov 1, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Barely a weekend warrior. Hard rock + placer together = a more complete sampling picture for AU.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Angus Mckirk is now made by Broken Back Mining out of Vernon, BC, Canada in the Okanagan region. Check GeoSluice Mining if you want something American made - they make good quality ABS drop riffle sluices and highbankers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread