bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was out searching a local beach this morning when this nice lady walks up to me and asked if I was looking for coins. I responded yes , coins , jewelry , anything I think is cool but today its all trash. She held her hand out and said here. She dropped about a buck of change into my hand.
I admit I was taken back a bit. Deer in the headlights moment. I responded ummmm I don't have to do this. I do this for enjoyment. Its my hobby. She said "sure , here's a dollar also " and handed me a dollar bill.
LOL ! I bit my lip to keep from laughing. She was trying to be nice and I didn't want to be rude , so I just put it in my pocket. And thanked her.
All total it was $1.87. I only found .26? in the sand.
Nice lady. Lol !

Upvote 33

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol!! That was so sweet!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Gas money! Next time you see her, she's going to ask if you will find the buried cache at her property..

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Hilarious!!! I bet it was Super hard to keep Your cool and not laugh. Sweet lady though:)

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just when you least expect it and all hope is gone someone pops up to prove that all the human race hasn,t gone to hell.Bless that lady,may she live long and prosper!

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was out searching a local beach this morning when this nice lady walks up to me and asked if I was looking for coins. I responded yes , coins , jewelry , anything I think is cool but today its all trash. She held her hand out and said here. She dropped about a buck of change into my hand.
I admit I was taken back a bit. Deer in the headlights moment. I responded ummmm I don't have to do this. I do this for enjoyment. Its my hobby. She said "sure , here's a dollar also " and handed me a dollar bill.
LOL ! I bit my lip to keep from laughing. She was trying to be nice and I didn't want to be rude , so I just put it in my pocket. And thanked her.
All total it was $1.87. I only found .26? in the sand.
Nice lady. Lol !

One day I was hunting a curb strip
I was in a poorer neighborhood it’s an old area so there were old items in the ground
This young boy 16-17 rides up on a bicycle
And asks me what I’m doing
He thought I was looking for change
( I was but not how he was thinking)
He goes into his pocket and pulls out a few crumpled up bills
And tries to give them to me !
I was so proud of his parents!!
And this young man

I explained what I was doing
He seemed interested
I took out 20$ I gave it to him and said
Pay this forward if you like
We smiled and he rode off to do his thing

It was one of my favorite encounters
Hh gl

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a funny experience furniture shopping a few weeks ago...I tend to look homeless with beat up clothes and unshaven face(just don't care about looks I guess). My mother accompanied me shopping for furniture for my new place(my taste sucks and needed advice). I got the full on wife treatment by the salesman! He kept talking to my mother when pricing came up instead of me, assuming she was going to be the one buying it. The look on his face when I handed the man 6 grand in cash was priceless, he was rather confused to say the least.

swimmer

Oct 13, 2004
St Helens OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty nice lady. Way better than the people who throw pennies in front of you to see if you find them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions