Alabama CRH "Virgin"

AgAddict

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alabama CRH "Virgin"

Greetings from down south. Been lurking for a bit, and finally decided to register. Could not wait until I pick my first 2 boxes of halves up tomorrow, so I went and got $110 in CWR, and NADA!!! Not a good start, but I am hoping the boxes will produce something. I know it has to be out there from all of the posts I have been reading on here.

Upvote 0

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Alabama CRH "Virgin"

Welcome to the madness. Good Luck in your silver quest.

HH Dave

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

welcome and good luck! Hope you slay some Southern Silver !

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI

Suggestion:

Pickup some dime boxes or dime CWR

You might as well test the waters to see what produces in your area

OP
OP
A

AgAddict

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Indeed, I plan on hitting up a few dime boxes here and there as well. Itching for my two box call right now! Thanks for the welcome greetings.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Now you have done it. You can never go back you know? Welcome

Golden Silver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

what part of alabama are you in? i am in valley. hate to tell you but i think you might have closed the door after all the cows got out of the barn if you know what i mean. it is dry as a bone over here. was great 2 years ago, but not now. have not gotten one silver out of a loomis box in about 7 months. hope you order from brinks or gardia. good luck.

OP
OP
A

AgAddict

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am as far south as you can get. Mobile/Baldwin counties. I hope you are wrong about no more "booty" in this area. Will not have my 2 boxes until tomorrow, so I found myself busting open some nickel rolls. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is still around though.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i hope i am wrong too. i have never searched your area so i can't give you any personal experience stories, however i do hunt the florida panhandle a few times a year and i have never had any luck there. when i have been in your area i have noticed many mom and pop looking banks around in rural areas. i would hunt them if i lived in your area first. no telling how many old rolls of coins they may have in those old vaults. never had time to stop at any of them myself because i am usually on the way to florida when i come through and i have the wife and kids with me. if halves do not produce for you i would try dimes. i work a few boxes of dimes every now and then and will usually get at least one out of every box. also don't forget about the nickels they are fun too and you can usually find some 50 year old nickels pretty easy. if you are only looking for silver you can usually find at least one war nickel in a box. it is also easy to get nickel and dime boxes all banks have those unlike halves that you usually will have to have ordered. i also sent you a pm with some more information. good luck and post your finds.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Hang in there for your search for silver.

There seems to be some uncanny beginner's luck that tends to favor new folks. I have seen it time and time again on this forum. My very first score was a solid roll of 40%'s...I literally did not know they were silver when I got them.

Texar

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I have searched 15 boxes of halves... and my first one was the best... with (8) 64's and (2) 40%'ers. Good luck!! (I've also had 7 boxes of SKUNK).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread