Alaska Bound

Bu7615

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Kasilof AK
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be heading to Alaska in early may with the plan of spending the summer in Ak and then who knows from there. I will mostly be in the kenai and fairbanks areas. Just looking for any information I can get, I am mostly interested in gold (and a close 2nd fishing ) but have been reading about some of the rockhounding that also goes on up there. Iam fairly new to prospecting, I have done some in the NE but Im still very new. Looking for any information I can get or connections I can make while I'm up there. I am fortunate to be in a position to try full time travel and this is the start of that adventure. I do know the current restrictions of entering Canada and have that covered but would welcome any other comments or questions.

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've used a Fisher Gold Bug II, though now I have a cheaper Garrett model.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be heading to Alaska in early may with the plan of spending the summer in Ak and then who knows from there. I will mostly be in the kenai and fairbanks areas. Just looking for any information I can get, I am mostly interested in gold (and a close 2nd fishing ) but have been reading about some of the rockhounding that also goes on up there. Iam fairly new to prospecting, I have done some in the NE but Im still very new. Looking for any information I can get or connections I can make while I'm up there. I am fortunate to be in a position to try full time travel and this is the start of that adventure. I do know the current restrictions of entering Canada and have that covered but would welcome any other comments or questions.

Hey I'm in the Palmer area and have a spot nearby towards Sutton to hit. PM me, I'll give you my #.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread