all it takes is one

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All it takes is one.. I suppose it words I live by.. pretty much same ole stuff for me punching holes in the hills to strike it rich and digging in the river to get by. Well got snowed out of the area I was playing in so I moved to more forgiving territory for this time of year.. managed to find a little bit gold for my trouble.. Hope everyone is having a good year and finding some gold..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM, glad to have you check in! If prospecting was just walking along and picking gold off the rocks it sure would be boring, glad it's not like that all the time! Indeed, that was a nice take from that one crack - well done. Where the NFAR, is there anywhere else?

Shoulder surgery scheduled for 06 April 2018. I hope to be back out in July 2018. Stay warm, Stay safe.............63bkpkr

I hope your surgery goes well and heals quickly. I hope you get out this year as I know some of your heart resides in those hills... I found that crack on lower portion of NFA as to exactly where I just cant say.. Not uncommon to pull a pennyweight or two out of crack. Nice when you come on a payzone and all the cracks pay.. just takes lots of looking/walking but for me I find the time prospecting well worth it.. Depending on things but I plan on treading way upriver this summer.. maybe if the stars align I might come across you .. I hope so.. I really enjoy NFA history and gossip.. Take care .. July will be here before you know it..

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a number already posting bits and bytes........LOL.

Ok so the purpose may simply be a challenge to successfully trick people into believing they are talking to a real person...which many times they actually might be. Honing the programming skills at others expense.

No thanks.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hmm.. lurking around and I find a deraild thread on some good lookn' pickers.

maybe I should pitch in more so I don't seam like a bot myself.
knowledge can be very valuable sadly.

nice videos MM.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM, your comment is most touching as you understand my love for that area. I first entered the NFAR river valley in Feb 1963 coming down the mountain at Green Valley from the Alta side. The river was Roaring, wall to wall, milk chocolate brown, big trees swiftly flowing down river into Giant Gap. Seeing this majestic country through the eyes and mind of a Detroit Kid took me away into a very different world, a world of excitement, exploration, clear running water and the wildest country I'd ever seen or been in. The area captured me and still has me in its beautiful grip and always will!

I will put up a post on here when I head into the back country later this year!

Thank you for the kind wishes for the success of my surgery!

Yes, every now and then one finds a spot that makes a person smile.
185_8515.JPG All out of one spot, ~ 1/4 oz., back breaking work but what an adventure!..............63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Mumbling in the Dark

So the Royal Gorge Ski area (like near the start of the NFAR) has had 148" of snow so far this year. In the past seven days they've had 9" of snow. Right now the NFAR is running at 600 cfs and possibly trending a little higher.

How much of that snow has melted this year from warm temps or rain??????? How much will be left in June to feed the melt-off??????

But at least the area has received some snow this year. So far this year the NFAR has not had any major early season water flows (last year in Jan it hit 50,000 cfs and again in March it hit 40,000 cfs, highest this year so far has been ~ 1000 or so.

So what does this mean, not a darn thing. Just thinking about stuff trying to keep busy till the summer comes.............63bkpkr

Coils.JPG Coils for my GMt

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice videos MM.

Well if I derailed it, I apologize if necessary to MadMarshall.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

nice videos MM.
Some may be quick to derail with 'Knowledge' that is hard to back up is the sad part.

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
'Knowledge' that is hard to back up

ok,...that's not the problem at all, it's presentation. "how" something is explained determines peoples perspective of it.
pre-conceived notions, bias, belief make some things exceedingly dificult. especialy if its "beyond belief".
some things you just have to see to believe.

I will warn whoever's tuned in to the things I've said around here, please save the hate. you might miss out here in the future;)

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok,...that's not the problem at all, it's presentation. "how" something is explained determines peoples perspective of it.
pre-conceived notions, bias, belief make some things exceedingly dificult. especialy if its "beyond belief".
some things you just have to see to believe.

I will warn whoever's tuned in to the things I've said around here, please save the hate. you might miss out here in the future;)
Yes one's pre-conceived notions, bias, belief make some things exceedingly difficult to grasp. Referring to link's, reading material can at times help with not being beyond belief. A few will make no effort to back up what they may be saying. Others will post links or other information that can help with the presentation or thread topic.
Some topics are just harder to make a good presentation for everyone compared to say gold panning that is easy to make a video about without worrying about people finding it very difficult to execute after viewing.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread