All my buttons

Hunting_Dad

Mar 25, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
I havent been at this very long and have been fortunate to find several nice coins, tokens and other relics over the last ten months...most of which sent me down a research rabbit hole which I enjoy nearly as much as getting out metal detecting.
So today I decided to go through my jar buttons to see where that leads me. I have a couple tombacs, some modern uniform buttons, a bunch of flat buttons, “fancy” buttons, some with a little gilt left... and my favorite even has a little fish on it.
I figure i have 3centuries represented here. Does anything jump out at any of you? Anything tidbits of info specific to buttons to share with a novice?
Thanks for looking -HD
8C54E1AF-DB3F-47CE-ACF9-905E0704E41B.jpg

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
Good collection spanning quite a period, I think. The top button of the 3 in the bottom left looks like pewter and may be the oldest one. Those types tend to crumble and should be coated with diluted Elmer's glue to strengthen them. Is there anything on the face? It might be military.

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like that Marine Corps coat in the upper left...for obvious reasons.:laughing7:

Nice collection.

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been at this very long and have been fortunate to find several nice coins, tokens and other relics over the last ten months...most of which sent me down a research rabbit hole which I enjoy nearly as much as getting out metal detecting.
So today I decided to go through my jar buttons to see where that leads me. I have a couple tombacs, some modern uniform buttons, a bunch of flat buttons, ?€œfancy?€? buttons, some with a little gilt left... and my favorite even has a little fish on it.
I figure i have 3centuries represented here. Does anything jump out at any of you? Anything tidbits of info specific to buttons to share with a novice?
Thanks for looking -HD
View attachment 1897383

WOW, are you a Hoover Boy ?, lol, great job
too_

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Collection of buttons from the pewter, dandy, flat, flower, military, i think i see a Ball Button in there also, and 2-hole and 4-hole, a very nice assortment of history from 18th and 19th centuries. Love digging those up.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have been doing this long enough. You have a fine collection of buttons. Congrat's on some great saves.

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I love finding those old buttons!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions