Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is all my sterling, and silver coins for the year. I did not beat last year or even come close to it, but I feel it was a good season.

I ended up with 7 seated coins, 6 dimes and one 1854 seated half dime, my first one in 5 yrs of detecting, so that is a real highlight for my 2012 season. Oldest seated was 1838 found in a farm field. I got some nice barbers, several SLQ's including a semi key 1920-D and a blazing 1929.

Got 4 halves for the year, 3 walkers and one barber, as for other dimes, I got almost twice the mercs as I got rosies which is a good thing. I got 12 sterling rings, 3 sterling thimbles, sterling pocket knife, The large indian ring is my favorite jewelry find this year. Hope I didn't go overboard on pictures, and hope you enjoy viewing them!!!!

DSC03088_zpsd3c9ec19.jpg

DSC03090_zps72d2b3b8.jpg

DSC03091_zps97b7a8d5.jpg

DSC03092_zps3f6698a9.jpg

DSC03095_zpsbc1b224d.jpg

DSC03096_zps1c27262b.jpg

DSC03097_zpsdfbb793d.jpg

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is all my sterling, and silver coins for the year. I did not beat last year or even come close to it, but I feel it was a good season.

I ended up with 7 seated coins, 6 dimes and one 1854 seated half dime, my first one in 5 yrs of detecting, so that is a real highlight for my 2012 season. Oldest seated was 1838 found in a farm field. I got some nice barbers, several SLQ's including a semi key 1920-D and a blazing 1929.

Got 4 halves for the year, 3 walkers and one barber, as for other dimes, I got almost twice the mercs as I got rosies which is a good thing. I got 12 sterling rings, 3 sterling thimbles, sterling pocket knife, The large indian ring is my favorite jewelry find this year. Hope I didn't go overboard on pictures, and hope you enjoy viewing them!!!!

Hi great finds!! I found a silver man's ring today which is rusted in places with mineral deposites . Can you or anyone tell me how to clean it? I have it soaking in peroxide now....thanks

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great pictures! Terrific finds!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barb,

The silver ring should be cleaned using fresh lemon juice not peroxide.....peroxide is used primarily for copper coins, etc....

Regards + HH

Bill

Hi great finds!! I found a silver man's ring today which is rusted in places with mineral deposites . Can you or anyone tell me how to clean it? I have it soaking in peroxide now....thanks

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 2 Franc coin looks like someone started to hammer it into a ring. Bet they lost it in the process, and then you came along.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True_Metal,

Good eye on the 2 franc coin in the process of being turned into a ring.....I remember a buddy back in the 1960's used to make silver rings from 25 cent silver coins by continuously hitting it with a soup spoon and turning the coin around.

He'd eventually drill out the center and use a file or rasp to smooth out the inside.....to a lot of patience but he ended up with some pretty nice rings for his troubles......and yeah I'm as old as dirt....lol...

Regards + HH

Bill

That 2 Franc coin looks like someone started to hammer it into a ring. Bet they lost it in the process, and then you came along.

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU are a M.D Rockstar!!! Wow. I love that Indian ring, too, and those religious medallions. All of it!!!

silverlining

Jun 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac (currently used)
xterra 505 (10.5 DD 7.5 khz is currently used with it)
And 2 plasti-dipped pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Other
How many silver coins did you end up having for the year?

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing!!! great finds.Would love to see what else you dug up besides the silver. :)

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some haul! If I managed to find that much in a lifetime, I'd be very happy indeed. I really enjoy seeing the finds and you really have an eyeful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread