traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. Only thing that might be considered hard rock I have been around was underground coal and a small one-man operation in Idaho for gold. I will enjoy tagging along and reading and learning from you guys.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here successfully permitted a "Notice of Intent to Mine" level operation lately?

Hope it doesn't come to that (no permitting).

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone here successfully permitted a "Notice of Intent to Mine" level operation lately?
You may want to look under "Notice of a fact", and maybe "Notice by deposit in post-office". Both phrases / terms are defined in only one place each in The State of Oregon Code.
California is likely similar in definitions.

Can you clarify the term "Level operation"?
Could this be known as something else?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just an added question to ask yourself is how do you know there was a "successfully permitted" when there is no requirement for "Permitted" in the first place?

Have you requested a 'name' to give a 'notice' to first in writing?

By any chance is the "Person" you are giving the 'notice' to at an "State agency" or maybe "Forest service agency"? The answer may have different rules to follow is why I ask the question.

Best start looking at your State code first.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may want to look under "Notice of a fact", and maybe "Notice by deposit in post-office". Both phrases / terms are defined in only one place each in The State of Oregon Code.
California is likely similar in definitions.

Can you clarify the term "Level operation"?
Could this be known as something else?
If you really want to look up this information at a local Law Library in paper form I can provide the comparative legislation for both California and Idaho Codes. There is due diligence required if you want to read it for your self. The fact that I found the comparative legislation proves that the definitions are close or alike.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking this topic thread about all things hard rock.

Just giving information for Blaster to look at who asked a question here on this thread to cut many hours of time researching for him and maybe many others out there.

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope no one thinks I'm hijacking this topic thread about all things hard rock.

Just giving information for Blaster to look at who asked a question here on this thread to cut many hours of time researching for him and maybe many others out there.
My understanding is based on BLM lands in CA and typically for 5 acres or less surface disturbance and/or less than 1,000 cubic yards. You are notifying them that you intend to perform exploration and sampling at this scale and in theory they can take no action and you just do it. In reality, they always ask for time to consider it and start a months-long process.

I'll look at the state code as I'd like to see where that overlaps/is different than the CFR.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish this thread would of just talked of the work part of mining rather than get off into all this useless law bull, but I guess that's what most of you do.
Talking don't get much work done, guess I should of been more specific about the misleading thread title..
Anyways,
Gonna be hot today so I'm off to do some digging...
Here comes the judge (the sun) maybe I have some yeller to show for today's prospects .
Gt ....

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I agree with Herb...how about a thread that covers the mechanics of
hard rock mining and leaves all the legalistic bullhocky out of it.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish this thread would of just talked of the work part of mining rather than get off into all this useless law bull, but I guess that's what most of you do.
Talking don't get much work done, guess I should of been more specific about the misleading thread title..
Anyways,
Gonna be hot today so I'm off to do some digging...
Here comes the judge (the sun) maybe I have some yeller to show for today's prospects .
Gt ....
No problem that is why I pointed out the posting was in response to Blasters question. You started this thread topic and if you would like to keep the topic on the mechanics of all things hard rock go for it.

Perhaps a new thread can be started about "Notice of intent" topic not sure what heading to place it under. Any ideas here?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My understanding is based on BLM lands in CA and typically for 5 acres or less surface disturbance and/or less than 1,000 cubic yards. You are notifying them that you intend to perform exploration and sampling at this scale and in theory they can take no action and you just do it. In reality, they always ask for time to consider it and start a months-long process.

I'll look at the state code as I'd like to see where that overlaps/is different than the CFR.
"CFR" is a different animal then State Code. Like apples and oranges.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone have some tips about using feathers and wedges?
Like the spacing and number to use for a given amount of rock?
Thanks

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have some tips about using feathers and wedges?
Like the spacing and number to use for a given amount of rock?
Thanks
I am not a hard rock guy at this time, but enjoy reading your posts and am learning some things. Good posts.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not a hard rock guy at this time, but enjoy reading your posts and am learning some things. Good posts.

Amazing how that can split a large block, with seemingly little effort.
Looking at the pyramids and the Mayan structures, it is truly amazing, Red. Those folks back Then had WAY more stamina than today. And Mayans likely used energy enhancing drugs.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking at the pyramids and the Mayan structures, it is truly amazing, Red. Those folks back Then had WAY more stamina than today. And Mayans likely used energy enhancing drugs.
I think some miners could learn from the use of these very old tools. I'm one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions