🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Alluvial Gold?

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend sent me a photo of what he says is alluvial gold he has found in ancient riverbeds in Colorado over the years. Can anyone verify if he is correct and this is truly "alluvial gold."
Thanks very much!
20220512_095826.jpg

Attachments

• 20220512_044243.jpg
    20220512_044243.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 345
  • 20220512_043225.jpg
    20220512_043225.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 137
  • 20220512_042750.jpg
    20220512_042750.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 20220512_095546.jpg
    20220512_095546.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 112

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just phone around and find a pawn shop or a non-ferrous recycling company that has a XRF tester.
Then you can post the results up.
There seems to be one common element of all these type posts.
Nobody has had the testing done.
Really why is that?
If I thought for a minute I had something as you state, well the test would be first on the to do list.
THANK YOU!!!

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Jackstraw20

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just phone around and find a pawn shop or a non-ferrous recycling company that has a XRF tester.
Then you can post the results up.
There seems to be one common element of all these type posts.
Nobody has had the testing done.
Really why is that?
If I thought for a minute I had something as you state, well the test would be first on the to do list.
It is actually because Colorado, one of the main and diverse mining states in the country has very limited businesses involved in the gold ore community. Everyone thinks of Colorado because of the finds of gold and telluride in Cripple Creek, but many areas have been neglected because the majority of mining company's went bankrupt back in the day. I have difficulty even discussing the topic of prospecting and mining with anyone in my valley (near Aspen/Leadville) it seems the the only people interested are west in Navada and Utah.

Upvote 2

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is actually because Colorado, one of the main and diverse mining states in the country has very limited businesses involved in the gold ore community. Everyone thinks of Colorado because of the finds of gold and telluride in Cripple Creek, but many areas have been neglected because the majority of mining company's went bankrupt back in the day. I have difficulty even discussing the topic of prospecting and mining with anyone in my valley (near Aspen/Leadville) it seems the the only people interested are west in Navada and Utah.
Cool then,keep on keeping on panning that gold!

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there is no one in Colorado that can do an assay? And no one you can send samples to for tests?

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Jackstraw20

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there is no one in Colorado that can do an assay? And no one you can send samples to for tests?
I found a small assays in Jamestown, CO that I want to do business with. Yet, his technology doesn't test for the platinum & palladium ores I have found. Plus I'm not sure whether his equipment for the hundreds of pounds of telluride I have.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any riches will be put to bettering this dark world and spreading light, positivitivity, and good vibes. I am basically not in to material things, mostly just helping humanity.
I,m humanity and I could use some help.My a/c just went out and looks like I,m going to have to buy a new car,the one I have has developed some malady no one can seem to diagnose or fix. Social Security don,t go that far.Just saying.

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any riches will be put to bettering this dark world and spreading light, positivitivity, and good vibes. I am basically not in to material things, mostly just helping humanity.
The lights at my house have been very dim, so if you get rich from this you can throw some gold my way so I am not sitting in the dark

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is actually because Colorado, one of the main and diverse mining states in the country has very limited businesses involved in the gold ore community. Everyone thinks of Colorado because of the finds of gold and telluride in Cripple Creek, but many areas have been neglected because the majority of mining company's went bankrupt back in the day. I have difficulty even discussing the topic of prospecting and mining with anyone in my valley (near Aspen/Leadville) it seems the the only people intd are
Well we haven't had power since a thu
I,m humanity and I could use some help.My a/c just went out and looks like I,m going to have to buy a new car,the one I have has developed some malady no one can seem to diagnose or fix. Social Security don,t go that far.Just saying.
We haven't had any power since a bad thunderstorm rolled through our area.
Most of the Eastern Ontario is dark.
Old generator 💪

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread