🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Alluvial Gold?

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend sent me a photo of what he says is alluvial gold he has found in ancient riverbeds in Colorado over the years. Can anyone verify if he is correct and this is truly "alluvial gold."
Thanks very much!
20220512_095826.jpg

Attachments

• 20220512_044243.jpg
    20220512_044243.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 345
  • 20220512_043225.jpg
    20220512_043225.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 137
  • 20220512_042750.jpg
    20220512_042750.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 20220512_095546.jpg
    20220512_095546.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 112

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I crush that gold and it test around 22kt. Grant you guys think I'm an idiot, but that isn't the case
#1-What did you crush?
#2-The pictures that you posted up in #79 shows a lot of different rocks, so which one, or all of them?

#3-Just trying to get a sense on what you are claiming to be 22kt. all of it or part of it?

#4-Did you crush the sample that the Bic lighter is sitting on?

#5-What was the weight pre/post of crushing and what was the recovery?

Sorry to burden you with the 5 questions

I find all of this quite amazing that such a rich source of gold can be obtained so readily as you claim.

Upvote 5

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1-What did you crush?
#2-The pictures that you posted up in #79 shows a lot of different rocks, so which one, or all of them?

#3-Just trying to get a sense on what you are claiming to be 22kt. all of it or part of it?

#4-Did you crush the sample that the Bic lighter is sitting on?

#5-What was the weight pre/post of crushing and what was the recovery?

Sorry to burden you with the 5 questions

I find all of this quite amazing that such a rich source of gold can be obtained so readily as you claim.
I personally think it's incredible.

Upvote 4

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Soaked them all in Sulphuric Acid for 6 days and they didn't lose any color, I also boiled them and they conglomerated together in a soft malleable solid piece. I have also taken a few flakes, added some borax, and hit it with some map gas in a crucible. Gold was definitely seen under a microscope after I had created a "button" to the naked eye it looked more silver, but there was noticeable gold in the after product. Plus, I have used sulphuric acid many times and it eats away just about everything other than high grade gold ores. These all seem promising to me?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
You took the photo your friend in Colorado sent you, then soaked it in acid? I’m confused. I don’t see any gold in the pictures (this time either). Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ... not even close. Even if you boil it and put a ribbon on it. Not gold.
The guy/gal will probably now will never answer any of the questions asked. Maybe a few of the silent lurkers can pop in and contribute to this thread? 2 or maybe three regular members come to mind that reliably contribute in that respect to these types of intriguing posts.

Upvote 1

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy/gal will probably now will never answer any of the questions asked. Maybe a few of the silent lurkers can pop in and contribute to this thread? 2 or maybe three regular members come to mind that reliably contribute in that respect to these types of intriguing posts.
What is on your mind specifically? Do you think there might be gold in the sample photos? I don't know a lot about it but I don't think anyone could reliably determine whether there is gold in the samples or not based on the photos posted.

As for the OP, their story changed a lot over the course of the thread so that is a red flag for me. Maybe they'll post more but I don't know what to make of any of it for now.

Upvote 3

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is on your mind specifically? Do you think there might be gold in the sample photos? I don't know a lot about it but I don't think anyone could reliably determine whether there is gold in the samples or not based on the photos posted.

As for the OP, their story changed a lot over the course of the thread so that is a red flag for me. Maybe they'll post more but I don't know what to make of any of it for now.
Oh don’t mind me. I’m still getting rid of that taste of sour grapes. Little sarcasm that didn’t come across correctly. Sorry. The gold goose chase will always persist.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread