Always check the field.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0010.JPG I have had many people over the years telling me how hard it is to find places to detect, I figure they want to be led by the hand to your sites, chuckle. Here are my two permissions from this past sat, I have driven past these two site a couple of times. The first drive way beside the old school was the owner of the school, he said by all means check it out, others have detected there lots of times, but not in the field as I find out, nothing to exciting, 1909 Lc, a silver dime and several other coins. I ask him who owns the old barn site he points at his neighbours place, off I go to the neighbours place, he said by all means, as long as you don't cause any trouble, what he means is over the years many people have gone in side the old school and barn with out permission. Always ask for permission, I have watched several videos where they were hunting at night, either they are hiding something or they don't want others to see there spot, I had a site like this once, many nice items, my first cannon ball as many coins and military buttons, as soon as I detected in day light some one was in there the next day. HH

Upvote 11

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice finds!
A good story and some important pointers. Thanks!
If you can do any site, do it all!

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pictures, I agree most people are focused in one area

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find and good story you must leave in Ontario.

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes I do, lots of friendly people, there are endless places to detect. Where do you live, how do you find the people you aproach?HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread