Am I being watched or just paranoid ?

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to harbor freight and in the survaiance section, they carry a device that will alert you to electronic devices in operation that are nearby. Be sure when you go back out, you have your electronics turned off, if you get a hit while you are out, keep your eyes peeled for trail cameras.what you wish to do from there is up to you.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a few acres and there is a roadbed running across the upper hill above my backyard. It's difficult to spot trespassers in the summer because there are still alot of trees and brush. I cut over 100 trees last summer and this winter thinned the trees out some more with snow and wind. Hopefully, I will thin it out some more this coming summer. Then I might be able get to the buried gold before they do. They're watching me. Now where did I see those Tuttle Signs?

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish turtle? Did it speak Spanish? My cousin once thought "they" were after him and he was being watched. He wound up in a mental hospital the rest of his life. I KNEW he should not have been dabbling in the occult. No one was watching him.
nothing Spanish about it

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy Crap, now Tnet is doing How To on counter intel and counter sv.

Well now that you have screwed the pooch and posted this on a treasure hunting site about a person of interest you know is at least second generation interested, perhaps it is time to stop.

Ignore and do not attempt to employ anything mentioned on here; you know really nothing about the fella or his mates, and for all you know if you try something on the wrong person they may react with their emotions, or worse they sniff you out long before your coming and decide to play back. I know I would play back, and make it appear that you have the upper hand, drag it out for months on end, long enough for you to noticeably change your behaviour, play with your emotions, allow you to think at times you get the upper hand and then frustrate you at other times, then bait you in more, get you really comfortable. By then you will likely violate some civil rights or worse, but also you created a paper trail here, yes that can still be recovered from your machine, folks close to you will be able to say they have noticed some major changes in your life, odd changes. Then I would hang you out to dry.

You ever stop to consider that perhaps this old fella who had a father search around for this has seen you around areas of interest because he spent that time with his father there and he is just revisiting them old days in person. Maybe he was only trying to help you out.

But good luck to you, keep us all posted on here as events transpire, its part of your treasure hunting story now.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I for one would want to know if I was being surveilled and who was doing the surveilling. If you happen to find a tracking device on one or more of your' vehicles, I would immediately report it to Law Enforcement and have them track down who is doing the surveilling and let them deal with it. I was surveilled for a time a long time ago. Apparently an unnamed Federal Agency thought that I was selling guns at a Flea Market to some Militia folks, when all I was doing was selling off a few of my' guns to pay some bills. They apparently had a Contractor placing tracking devices on anyone's vehicle at the Flea Market that was selling guns. The person working for the Contractor, placed the tracking device (a Civilian type) on the rubber mat in the bed of my' pickup and one day while cleaning some guns, it stuck to one and I found it. I had a friend, Rocky (God rest his soul) who was a Vietnam Veteran who worked in Marine Intelligence at the Pentagon after the war and who was also the President of a local Ham Radio Club. I gave the tracking device to him to see if it was in fact sending out a signal. He checked it with the Digital Signal Analyzer he had and it was indeed sending out a signal. He asked me what I wanted him to do with it and I said to get rid of it in any way he wanted. Well, Rocky had a neighbor friend who was a truck driver and he asked him to take the tracking device with him on one of his trips. Well, the friend taped it to the back of the cab of his' tractor-truck and drove to South Texas near the Border crossing into Mexico. He took the tracking device and threw it onto a Produce Truck heading into Mexico and the very next day, I had an unmarked car across the road from my' house. They were apparently trying to figure out how the tracking device was in Mexico but my' truck was sitting in the driveway. Rocky and myself had a good laugh over that one. It was not too long after that that another unnamed Federal Agency that I helped bring down some really bad people many years ago, called the other unnamed Federal Agency and some others and told them to leave me alone and "hands off" as I understand that it was stated.

Last edited:
OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well now that you have screwed the pooch and posted this on a treasure hunting site about a person of interest you know is at least second generation interested, perhaps it is time to stop.

Ignore and do not attempt to employ anything mentioned on here; you know really nothing about the fella or his mates, and for all you know if you try something on the wrong person they may react with their emotions, or worse they sniff you out long before your coming and decide to play back. I know I would play back, and make it appear that you have the upper hand, drag it out for months on end, long enough for you to noticeably change your behaviour, play with your emotions, allow you to think at times you get the upper hand and then frustrate you at other times, then bait you in more, get you really comfortable. By then you will likely violate some civil rights or worse, but also you created a paper trail here, yes that can still be recovered from your machine, folks close to you will be able to say they have noticed some major changes in your life, odd changes. Then I would hang you out to dry.

You ever stop to consider that perhaps this old fella who had a father search around for this has seen you around areas of interest because he spent that time with his father there and he is just revisiting them old days in person. Maybe he was only trying to help you out.

But good luck to you, keep us all posted on here as events transpire, its part of your treasure hunting story now.
I really hate it when I screw the pooch and it is possible that he recognized what I was doing and where I was headed next from the time he spent with his grandpa. It's possible he means no harm and only wants to help or is curious, just not a coincidence. Thank you for pulling me back from the edge, if only temporarily.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would cammo a trail cam or two, next time out if your looking for some serious gold infared and motion detection not a big investment to make .Watch your clock 3 6 9 12 I know in the superstitions there are people that live there and will and have killed people Either the guy was really stupid oe his visiting was a warning never underestimate any one... Be safe!!!!!!!Keep a side arm or 2

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would cammo a trail cam or two, next time out if your looking for some serious gold infared and motion detection not a big investment to make .Watch your clock 3 6 9 12 I know in the superstitions there are people that live there and will and have killed people Either the guy was really stupid oe his visiting was a warning never underestimate any one... Be safe!!!!!!!Keep a side arm or 2
I didn't think of this place as being that serious. It's not like I was going after some large vault or tunnel full of gold that would warrant this kind of thing. I guess with todays price of gold it wouldn't take that much to make it serious.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My neighbor must be paranoid...or maybe just a great neighbor.

I had a mechanic working on one of my skidders, and she did not recognize the truck. She tried to call me, but I was not home, so she called the police. By that time I had got home and here comes two police cruisers. Nope...not just one, but TWO! You know you live in the country when a potential skidder heist requires back-up!

I had a good chat with the police officers though, then with my neighbor who obviously did the right thing, but it just goes to show, here we really look out for one another. I guess it is no surprise, we got the lowest crime rate in the country here. Then again our Jury consists of three members:

Shoot
Shovel
Shut Up!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I really hate it when I screw the pooch and it is possible that he recognized what I was doing and where I was headed next from the time he spent with his grandpa. It's possible he means no harm and only wants to help or is curious, just not a coincidence. Thank you for pulling me back from the edge, if only temporarily.

Well now that you can see both sides of that coin, you have an innocent reason in approaching the fella, but without letting your guard down of course. However you would likely have to share some of your intel to gain his intel but in the end you may end up with a hunting buddy.

If it worked then at the least you would have his grandfathers perspective and may be able to learn where that fellas focal point was and why, add it to this fellas perspective and then of course your own.

But.......

If you where to approach him, I sure would not go to his house and do it. I would just make it a point to run into him one day while he is out and about, strike it up with him to get a feel for the water. You should be able to figure out within just a couple minutes of speaking with him under your terms catching him off guard if you should ask him about meeting up so he could look at what you got, as if you need his help. Heck who knows, maybe he just likes being out there and is looking for a reason to be out their more.

Thats just my thoughts though, good luck.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Am I the only one happy that Oddjob isn’t my enemy?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I the only one happy that Oddjob isn’t my enemy?

Oh common man, it actually is way more fun than it sounds. My words can not describe it well, it just comes off as boring when I say it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure it’s fun if you are doing it, not so much on the receiving end

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now that you can see both sides of that coin, you have an innocent reason in approaching the fella, but without letting your guard down of course. However you would likely have to share some of your intel to gain his intel but in the end you may end up with a hunting buddy.

If it worked then at the least you would have his grandfathers perspective and may be able to learn where that fellas focal point was and why, add it to this fellas perspective and then of course your own.

But.......

If you where to approach him, I sure would not go to his house and do it. I would just make it a point to run into him one day while he is out and about, strike it up with him to get a feel for the water. You should be able to figure out within just a couple minutes of speaking with him under your terms catching him off guard if you should ask him about meeting up so he could look at what you got, as if you need his help. Heck who knows, maybe he just likes being out there and is looking for a reason to be out their more.

Thats just my thoughts though, good luck.
I like this. Maybe I'll see if I can run into him in the next few days. Just for a friendly conversation in case he's reading this. Thanks Oddjob

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Years ago, I worked with a man who had a great sense of humor. He would say, "Bigfoot, you are not paranoid. Everyone is out to get you."

Or, "Bigfoot, you do not have an inferiority complex, you are actually inferior."

Another joker would say, "Bigfoot, I don't care what your wife and kids and mother and father and brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and cousins say. I think you are okay."

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to harbor freight and in the survaiance section, they carry a device that will alert you to electronic devices in operation that are nearby. Be sure when you go back out, you have your electronics turned off, if you get a hit while you are out, keep your eyes peeled for trail cameras.what you wish to do from there is up to you.
SAVE YOUR $$$!!! Those cruddy Chinese detectors are made from schematics that were in ALL the underground BBSs in the 80s & 90s number one. They are wideband, so they're trying to see every transmitter in a wide area. They will pick up a local FM radio station nine miles from where we were sitting, yet wouldn't detect four wireless mics, two video cameras, almost picked up a video transmitter for transmitting TV from one room (house) to the other. Utter piece of junk. An ancient circuit packaged up in a new pretty box is all. You can actually make a way better detector with rudimentary soldering skills and a pocket AM radio.Also, since you know who the guy is & where he lives, why contemplate a physical confrontation? Do some real damage. Get a roll of those stick on dots 1/4" - 1/2". Every time you see his vehicle or you happen to be in the area of his house, place one on his doorlock. Nothing more! Keep this up for awhile. You can do more to a man messing with his head than punching him in the face. A punch in the face lasts for a day or two messing with his punkin lasts a long time. At least you'll have him concentrating on the dots instead of detecting or what ever! Moral of this story? He'll be distracted from looking for [fill in the blank] ring a bell?

tumbleweed35

Greenie
Aug 3, 2018
nwarkansas
Detector(s) used
ace250, etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I would definitely contact him, become his friend and hunt the treasure together. Obviously he knows about the site and probably much more than you do, knows where the treasure isn't because of his grandfather, and apparently there is treasure there, maybe if the two of you worked together you might actually find the treasure. I'm sure after visiting with him you would know if you had a new friend or whether the site was off limits or sacred grounds

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back to the area with a shovel, paper and pen. When you get to a semi clear area draw it on your paper and place a few "x" marks on the paper. Tack the paper to a tree in an obvious area then find those "X" spots on the ground but don't dig them, just clear the area like you're prepping to dig and then leave for a few days. If anyone is watching you they will come in and dig the spots after they see the map on the tree and you will know you are being watched

But then you'd be paranoid you accidentally marked the correct treasure locations!!!:blackbeard::tchest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread